Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find this in the manual anywhere: There are two levels (groups of six) of stations that you can preset. Is there an easy way to toggle between the two groups? At present I just hit the "XM" button twice but then I have to go to through the menu on the screen to the "Presets" group. A bit of a pain. On my G35 all I had to do was hit the "XM" button and the other group came up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't really understand what you are saying...I am sorry. I know there are THREE sets of XM presets, though. To get to whatever set of 6 I want, I just hit the XM button till I get to the set I want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, when I hit the XM button the next set comes up but it only shows one station on that set. What I was hoping for would be to press the button and the full preset list appears on the screen, instead of having to go to the menu and then the press the preset list button for it to appear. Trying to save a few steps.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are 3 sets of presents for XM1, XM2, XM3. You need to set 6 stations into each set of presets. When you press the XM button it will go to the current set and show the current station playing. You need to touch on the screen the MENU icon, then PRESET LIST to see all 6 channels for that set. You can also use the ENTER button the left side of the steering wheel when MENU is highlighted and when PRESET LIST is highlighted.

In actuality, the presets are specific to each key fob, so my wife has her set of 18 stations linked to her keyfob, and I have my set of 18 stations on my keyfob, but we do have a few stations that overlap but are different locations in the presets. For example, she sets a station to XM2 #3 and I have the same station on XM1 #6.

I believe it's the same deal with the presets for AM, FM1, and FM2 being linked to each keyfob.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info JX35MD but I said that at the outset. I was looking for a way to bypass all the pressing, like I had on my 2007 G35 and I have had on all my other cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In actuality, the presets are specific to each key fob, so my wife has her set of 18 stations linked to her keyfob, and I have my set of 18 stations on my keyfob, but we do have a few stations that overlap but are different locations in the presets. For example, she sets a station to XM2 #3 and I have the same station on XM1 #6.
Is there somewhere in the manual that explains how to program these for each fob? I just purchased one and every time I get in all the presets I set are gone so I'm assuming the previous owner had it set to their fobs.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Carmen, you need to set your seat/mirror/steering column preset and mate it to your keyfob. To do this, set your seat where you want, same with steering column and outside mirrors. Then set the radio presets, air conditioning/heating and even your navigation preferences. Once you've got all this, press and release the "Set" button on the door, then press and release the "1" or "2" button next to the set button - it should stay lit. While that number button is lit, press the Unlock button on your keyfob. The 1 or 2 button will now flash momentarily. If it flashes, you've successfully mated your keyfob to the corresponding preset preferences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts