Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the headlights come on automatically when you use your wipers? I looked in the manual and cannot find anything about this. Also, I cannot find any setting within the Vehicle information display, execpt for setting the intemittment wiper speed with the speed of the vehicle (has anyone tried this feature and like it?).

Also I do not have the rain sensing wipers.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I don't like speed sensing wipers, nor do I like the automatic wipers. And no, I don't think the headlights come on automatically when you put the wipers on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tested the wipers on two seperate days when it was raining and can confirm that the headlights do come on after about one minute of continuous use of the wipers (even at the lowest intermintent speed). Once I stopped the wipers after several secconds the headlights went off, and once I turned the wipers back on for at least one minute, the headlights turned on again. I guess infiniti does not want you to change the settings so need to mention it or give one the use to change the function.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assume it would have to do with visbility of your vehicle to other drivers in the rain like day time running lamps. My chryslers and cadillac also have this function, but you could disable it on them. At least in New York it is a law to have your lights on when using your wipers in the rain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I assume it would have to do with visbility of your vehicle to other drivers in the rain like day time running lamps. My chryslers and cadillac also have this function, but you could disable it on them. At least in New York it is a law to have your lights on when using your wipers in the rain.
It is the law here in MD as well...

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
It's the law in CA as well.

I just checked today since it was raining this morning. Based on my un-scientific experiment, it would appear that if the light switch is in the Auto position, the lights come on after a few seconds of the wipers being on. If the switch is in the Off position, they do not appear to come on (at least while the car is stationary - that's how I did my experiment).

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Interesting. Don't have that law in Canada. At least I don't think.
Its also the law in Washington. What I find interesting is that most Washington drivers drive with their lights on all the time. I guess we are used to it by now. Just wish Nissan and Infiniti would put daytime running lights on the vehicle like you have in Canada.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Umm, I'm pretty sure you do have that law in the great white north. You have to have lights on all the time. Ipso facto, you have to have lights on when it's raining.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts