Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new JX 3 weeks ago, and am already off to a disappointing start. This is my first Nissan/Infiniti car and upon delivery the glove compartment was not aligned properly as well as the sunroof. I also was experiencing a lot of wind noise i the cabin even at low speeds of around 40-50 mph. The dealer logically assumed that the misalignment of the sunroof might have been the culprit, but even after repairing it, there is still the same amount of wind noise. I have narrowed down the source from either the driver side door, the door right behind it, or the sunroof again. Before buying the car, I researched some reviews and probably one of the JX's best traits is the quietness of the cabin, so I have to conclude that it's the poor build quality and now have to take it back to the dealer for further repairs. Is anyone experiencing similar problems with wind noise, or am I just the odd one out?

I have to say, based on my experience, I expected more from a luxury maker that aspires to compete with the likes of Lexus and other German rivals. The only reason, I went with Infiniti was because the Audi Q7 was going to be replaced with a new model as well as Volvo XC90, Acura MDX in 2014. Yeah, you save quite a bit of $, but if they skimped on quality, it's not worth it.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
You should not be getting wind noise especially at those speeds. I've got 10,000 miles on my car and have not experienced wind noise issues. Some have complained that they get wind noise with the sun roof open. I'm still waiting for an aftermarket wind deflector for the JX. I put one on our 2012 Rogue and that made a difference. Make your dealership fix your issue and keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
This is the first time I've heard of someone complain about noise in the cabin, let alone wind noise. I'd keep after the dealer and if they can't/won't make it right, bump it up a notch to Infiniti corporate.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I also agree with the above responses, you should not be experiencing this level of noise/issues. That's too bad because it typically ruines a good experience (buying a new car).

Keep after the dealership till they make it right.

Per your last comment, German vehicles also have horrible reliability/quality issues. Search Edmunds and you'll see issue after issue, pissed off customers, etc.... Based on the thousands of posts on this site, this is an isolated issue. Hopefully the dealership will fix it quickly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeller, you're exactly right. This just spoils the experience of buying a new car. I've owned two XC90's, two LR3's, and an LR4, and none of them started with problems when I bought them, and Land Rover's are well known to be one of the most unreliable cars! I guess I've just been lucky all these years?

I'm not worried about getting it repaired, I'm sure they'll eventually get it right. just thought I'd share and see if this was a known problem.

Besides that I'm liking the car, it has one of those love or hate designs because some people tell me it's ugly while others like it. To me it looked a lot better than the pathfinder, but I'm sure a lot of people disagree with this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts