Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so much emphasis geared around performance, its obvious Infiniti didn't follow their typical blueprint when they engineered and developed the JX. I'm sure this was done on purpose and the JX was designed to be an all-purpose volume seller that appeals to most people in this market. But obviously, there are a few out there that would hope that Infiniti would go back to its performance roots.... self included!

I'm just curious if anyone has heard any rumors or rumblings about a sport variant of the JX in the works? Whether its the "S" badge or new motor/tranny all together (think M37/56). They seem to have such a thing with almost every other model they offer (G/M/FX...). To me this is the one thing that would put this SUV over the top!

If such a thing existed, i'd cut the check today, but I just can't seem to get past the lack of performance/fun to drive factor! No offense to those who feel this is adequate. I've taken 2 test drives already and my opinions have not changed... But everything else, I'm sold on!

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its a family hauler, i get that, but when you got the competition namely Acura MDX outgoing model producing 300HP which offers maybe 2 miles less per gallon, is it really worth it? To some maybe, but thats the part i struggle with. i know i know, im beating a dead horse here. Eagerly awaiting what Acura has in store... but looks like i may be waiting a while. Last i checked next gen wont hit showrooms till fall 2013 as a 2014 model. I just hope someone at Infiniti reads these forums and realizes that there is a legitimate demand for JX56! haha ;-)

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
^^^ lol, variety is the spice of life! Why can't we have both? BMW does it with the X5M, Merc does it with their AMG line... and from what i just recently read, even Ford is doing it with their explorer line. Sure it may be a low volume seller, but whats the harm in having variants that appeal to all markets? Who knows, it might happen. The JX is still in its infancy stages... anyhow, back to dreaming!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.