Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new member here so please bear with me on this question. I have a new JX with 20's....thay are 7.5 wide
I can buy some fx35 five spoke wheels that are 8" wide. My question is will my new tires swap easily onto an 8" wheel.?
Does this make the stance wider....or will will it rub?
Thankyou and i look forward to the conversation
Airlaird

·
Registered
321 Posts
Im curious as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow...crickets.........ok then ;-) I did my own research and yes they fit! I want to buy some FX35 or FX50 wheels (20" that is) and yes they will fit. The Infiniti dealership has a JX on the lot with Chromed FX35 wheels on it.
It looks great and they fit with no issues. Offset on our factory is 50..so are the FX wheels.
airlaird

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow...crickets.........ok then ;-) I did my own research and yes they fit! I want to buy some FX35 or FX50 wheels (20" that is) and yes they will fit. The Infiniti dealership has a JX on the lot with Chromed FX35 wheels on it.
It looks great and they fit with no issues. Offset on our factory is 50..so are the FX wheels.
airlaird
so are you planning on using the Tires from your JX, and place them on the FX rims? I was curious about this as well. Since the factory 20s on the JX aren't that great. I have been looking at aftermarket 20s, and they all seem to be 8.5" wide, so I was wondering If I could still use the Tires off the JX.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Please post pics of the FX rims on the JX if you do decide to purchase them; this is something I would consider, I seriously do not like the look of the JX rims.

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeverall, I am planning on using my factory tires (which as you know are 7.5 wide) and putting them on the FX wheels...which are 8" wide. They will easily and safely fit on an 8" wheel. Now, I am not sure if a factory 7.5" tire will go well on an 8.5" wheel? May not be an issue but ask around of your tire dealers.
airlaird

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2013 JX WITH 20 FX PVD 2.jpg 2013 JX with 20 FX PVD.jpg

OK, this is the idea I want to do...still not sure if I want to go this route or not. ( I prefer Hypersilver over chrome honestly) There are some FX 20's on EBAY right now for 1000.00 bucks in PERFECT condition
airlaird

·
Registered
6 Posts
Make sure you get the correct lug nuts for the FX wheels. The FX wheels that I have my snow tires on use a washer/seat type lug (40224-JK00A) and not the cone type lug that came on the JX from the factory. A minor detail but something that you need to plan for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts