Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New white JX on order and really have my heart set on getting the Ace Alloy 22" Scorpio white machined face rims but only available in 10" wide. They come with an offset up to 40mm but have not been able to determine if these will fit the JX or not. Was thinking of 285/35/R22 tires but will also consider the 265/40/R22 tires if necessary which sounds like others have used.....but my understanding is that these are a bit narrow for a 10" wide rim. Anybody have any insight or installed a 10" wide rim on the JX? Feedback would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have a feeling 10" wide won't fit. Check the thread on the other guy here who has 22's on his JX. keep in mind 22s might throw off the overall diameter of the tire and rim.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Let's see, the stock wheels are 7.5" wide. So, add 1.25" to each side of the stock wheels to get 10". Then push them outward another 15mm for the wrong offset. The lip of the wheel will be about 1-7/8" out further out. That's getting into ghetto/donk styling....

The theoretical diameter with the 40 series tires mentioned will only be about 1% taller than a stock 18", that's within tolerance from brand to brand and model to model, so that should be OK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oddly enough, according to my calculations (using RimsNTires.com calculator which is great!), the gentleman with the 22" x 9"w x 22mm offset wheels results in the outside face of the tires being 1.7" out further than the factory wheels and from the pictures he posted, it looks like the fit on the outside is nice and flush.....I guess the factory setup must have them recessed a bit. This is mainly because of the difference in offset (22mm vs. the factory offset of 50mm). The wheels I am considering, although wider, come with offset up to 40mm which actually keeps the projection at only 1.4" beyond the factory setup even with the 285 wide tires.....which is actually less than the 9" wide rims with 265 tires and 22mm offset. Does this add up to you? Still would like to check it in person but I don't have that luxury.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's 1.9” (approx) outward from where the lip of the stock wheel is. Where that is with respect to the fender lip, I don't know, we don't have our car yet! Park your car on a level surface and hang a penny from a string downward from the fender lip, and measure inward to the wheel. That will give you a good idea. Remember, the wheel swings outward slightly as the suspension compresses as it follows the arc of the lower control arm,....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts