Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I hit the accelerator to go onto a highway or to back out of our driveway that goes uphill, it takes a good couple of seconds to "get it". I either hit it too soft and we don't really go, or I hit it too hard and it takes a second and it's overpowering fast. There's not a real smooth transition when I need to move/get more power quickly.
Is this normal?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've noticed similar issues. My main complaint is the lag when the engine idle goes down while moving. It seems like the gas is nearly half way down before the tranny begins to rev and speed begins to pick up. I assumed this is to keep the MPG up, but it can also be a trait of a CVT.

·
Registered
275 Posts
When I hit the accelerator to go onto a highway or to back out of our driveway that goes uphill, it takes a good couple of seconds to "get it". I either hit it too soft and we don't really go, or I hit it too hard and it takes a second and it's overpowering fast. There's not a real smooth transition when I need to move/get more power quickly.
Is this normal?
Do you have the ECO mode on? Try the SPORT mode?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've noticed the same issue, the car actually seems to bog down a little bit before it actually accelerates, I've just accepted the fact that this is a characteristic of the CVT transmission.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
As arson168 stated you may be experiencing how the CVT functions. I'm so used to it since I've had three vehicles with CVTs in the past. I do find that the JX has a much better CVT than previous models. I pretty much use the standard mode especially if I'm going to be climbing any grades. Have you tried putting it into the manual mode when starting out? That may give you more response than your experiencing now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts