Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all the proper connections from apple. I have the three composite connections and the usb properly connected to the front and rear passenger console into my ipad. I downloaded a movie from itunes for our family trip tomorrow. The movie ONLY plays on the ipad. It does NOT play through the car DVD's. There is no reason why this should not play through the rear DVD monitors as all the connections are correct .....Can anyone elaborate ? My searches have talked about " dvix" What the heck is that???
Why wont this ipad play on our JX?????
Airlaird

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I assume you have the special connector from apple for the ipad to output to the 3 RCA connectors? And you've selected that input device on the front screen? I know that Apple's DRM prevents you from playing when connecting to the USB connector from the ipad connector. But I thought it would play through the rca inputs.

Funny enough, I've had customers here who work for Apple and complain about the same thing - until they realize it's mostly apple's fault.

If you want to talk through setting it up, and your salesperson can't/won't help, contact me and I'll see if I can walk you through it. I can really only do it if I'm in the showroom though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Did you change the rear monitor settings from DVD to RCA? and also change the source of audio to Aux? ( i think it's AUX)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wasn't aware the latest iPad even had RCA connectors. Last I knew there wasn't such an accessory that uses the new lightning adapter.
You're right, there is only an official Apple lightning to HDMI converter that works the latest gen iPads. The were RCA adapters for the older gen iPads with the 30 pin connector.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thankyou all to the replies...yes i am on the trip now. Yes it is an i-pad 2. We bought the Apple special connector 30 pin cord with RCA inputs and it does not work. Why apple even makes this 30 pin connector is stupid...if it does not work on a 2013 JX...what does it work on??????
Sinecure I may call you when I get back to Dallas. Thorin, I will try your idea of changing the monitor settings..(not sure how I do that??) But I will try it before we get underway to Estes Park Colorado...
airlaird

1 - 7 of 7 Posts