Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I newly purchased a black JX a week ago.

When I do cold start the car in the morning, I can hear whining noise from the engine for about 10 to 20 seconds.

The noise is somewhat audible when I am in the car.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm hearing the same (or similar) noise. Whining sound for brief periods, normally goes away when it gets warmed up. Very sporatic - doesn't do it all the time. Can hear it more when window is down. I took it to dealer, but of course it didn't make the noise when the Service Manager took it for a drive.
Anyone else experiencing this noise? Have any of you had any success finding the root cause and having it fixed?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm still having this whining squeal sound when I first start out, for about the first quarter mile. Not real loud, but annoying. Sounds like maybe a bearing or a fan belt squeal. Interesting, if I stop the car for a few minutes (e.g. to run into a store), the noise reappears for the first quarter mile even though the engine and the mechanicals are still hot.
Have any of you had this problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Could it be the electric power steering? I asked the dealer about the constant suddle whining noise and they said its that. Not sure if we're talking about the same thing though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts