Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Should I buy the Infiniti wheels locks, or are there better choices like Mcgard
The dealership we purchased our JX from threw them in and I got the impression that most dealerships will do the same if you ask for them. I feel totally comfortable with the Infiniti locks.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
People don't steal OEM Infiniti SUV rims anyways. And even if they did. Wheel locks take seconds to remove.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The dealership we purchased our JX from threw them in and I got the impression that most dealerships will do the same if you ask for them. I feel totally comfortable with the Infiniti locks.
yes they will use the same but i wouldn't worry too much, it's really a waste of time for thieves to steal those OEM wheels.....aftermarket...different story

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you get NIssan/Infiniti ones, and something ever happens to your lug key, the techs keep a master set in the shop and can remove them easily.

The same can not be said for an after market brand wheel lock. If you lost your wheel lock key, you'd have to re order the key from McGard.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you get NIssan/Infiniti ones, and something ever happens to your lug key, the techs keep a master set in the shop and can remove them easily.

The same can not be said for an after market brand wheel lock. If you lost your wheel lock key, you'd have to re order the key from McGard.
thats correct, past couple dealerships i worked at had a kit with all the wheel lock keys they ever carried!

when it comes to McGard you can always try finding a set with the same design key

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,
These are good only if you are not staying more outside, because Infiniti wheels locks and lug nuts are not much strong Mcgard is far better in term of safety of your vehicle from being stolen because its from long time almost vehicle holder using this brand and i'm also using this if you want some other you can also think about Gorilla,
But from my point of view you should use Mcgard because locks are not expensive than vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts