Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have owned a JX for a while, how has the wheat interior held up. I like the light color but am afraid of long term wear. I have no kids, just wife and I + 2 Labs. Trying to decide between wheat (like) or java (better wear). Thanks

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
For those of you who have owned a JX for a while, how has the wheat interior held up. I like the light color but am afraid of long term wear. I have no kids, just wife and I + 2 Labs. Trying to decide between wheat (like) or java (better wear). Thanks
We've had ours since June and have taken a long trip with 4 people and quiet frequently take our friends girls on road trips. The leather still looks like new and is really holding up well. I have only had to clean it once with a mild soap and water treatment and leather protectant. I love the color.

We had black leather in our Murano, Armada and new Rogue. It looks nice but shows the dust and it can be a little hard to see the nice details of the interior finishes. With the wheat, you can really appreciate those details. The only negative thing I've noticed with the wheat interior is on real bright days, I tend to get a pretty good glare on the driver and passenger windows due to the light color reflecting on the window and mirrors. I never noticed that on the other vehicles but would be curious to see the differences between the java and black.

Our shelties haven't ridden in the JX yet, but when they do, I'll have their Fido blankets and seat belts on if they ride on the seats, or they will be in their crates anchored down in the back. We never had a problem with wear or dirt on the black with our little guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have had the wheat interior in my last 2 cars (Acura MDX and FX 35) Has held up very well but I do recommend getting the all weather mats for it, that is most important. My new JX has the wheat interior also.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We have the wheat too and love it. The only negative I see is that my wife's blue jeans keep transfering to the driver's seat. I just treated it over the weekend with Meguyer's new Leather sealer so we will see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I would say darker interiors are easier to maintain. Dirt does show easily on lighter interiors. Especially if you like wearing jeans. They will rub off on the light seats sometimes. The Wheat will require more regular maintenance vs the black.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the lighter leather in my QX and have decided to go with java for my JX. The lighter leather gave up the ghost after a couple of years. If you do decide on the wheat I would make sure to treat it frequently.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got java in my JX and wife has light cream in her bimmer. I use a basic armor all leather protectant in both cars and they still look new. None of that blue jean blue color on the cream, etc... The cream is 3 yrs old and the java 9 mos.

I do the drivers seat about once every week or two and the whole car maybe every 3 mos. based on my experiences I wouldn't hesitate to get a quality light colored leather. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
As long as you do the clean + protect with the seats you will be ok. but that does mean the wheat colored interior requires more maintenance vs the black.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts