Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i traded my Escalade for my new JX with the wheat interior... i know from my Escalades beige interior
The dye from my brown belt and my sweaty jeans will inevitably stain the wheat leather in the JX.
I hope i am wrong but i as await the arrival of my jX, i am thinking of ways to avoid this.
Other than sitting on a towel or sheepskin seats, does anyone have any ideas how to avois this?
Does infinity offer any type of warranty for the interior....i have not signed the papers yet so
Maybe Infinity offers such a warranty?
Airlaird

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whoops...moderator I goofed..can you please move this to the General discussion. I'm still navigating through the forum ;-)
airlaird

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was offered some sort of leather protection package when I purchased my JX, I wasn't interested so I never asked for the details, but that may be what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Yeah, whether you buy it from the dealer, or buy some sort of leather protector yourself, I'd definitely treat the leather. This is one of the reasons I generally steer customers toward the Java or Graphite interiors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had my Wheat Interior treated (my concern was as much for the carpet as for the seats). After two months, things are still looking good. The one part of the car that does get marred-up is the second row tracks -- each track has two rubber guards and the wheat colored rubber guard gets blackened by grease every time you slide the seats. I wish they had made the tracks black, even in the wheat colored interior. I use a degreaser once a week to clean them up -- however, I suspect over time I will not be able to keep up with keeping the plastic floorboard and the tracks in their pristine wheat condition!

I use a Maguiar's leather conditioner/cleaner on the leather wheat seats and it does a great job!

·
Registered
193 Posts
My wife has Stone on her G37, we had Stone on our Armada Platinum, and we had wheat on previous vehicles. My wife wears a lot of very dark colored jeans, and especially when they are new it will leave some of the "blue color" on the leather surface. Also I notice my briefcase did the same. Would I still get those colors? YES, I love them and I hate all black, I do have Java on my JX now, but on the Nissan models Java is not an option, I was open to Wheat, but I was lucky and found a model I wanted with Java interior.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oh, also, you can use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (very light pressure) to remove some of the surface color stains. Also, my wife wears a lot of heels, and where her heels hit the side of her car doors, she has plenty of black scuffs which come out EXTREMELY easy with the magic erasers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How is your Java interior holding up? Any signs of wear?

We has wheat interior on our EX - Beautiful when its new, but tought to keep denim dye from staining it. Lots of work.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Use some sort of quality leather protectant - I like the Optimum Leather Protectant. And clean the seats often with leather cleaner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts