Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered : AWD with Premium pkg.

Debating if I should add 'driver assistance pkg' as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Same here, only got the premium package. I didnt want some of the items in each of the packages. I wish they would just let you pick and choose your options.

·
Registered
166 Posts
ditto.... only got the premium pkg. The only thing I wanted that wasn't in the premium pkg was ventilated front seats. But I wasn't willing to fork out another $4k to get it....

·
Registered
47 Posts
The whole option packages nearly prevented me from purchasing the JX. I was very disappointed in Infiniti for not allowing the features to stand on their own merit. I ordered a AWD + Premium + Driver Ass't. I, too, would have preferred to order a la carte -- like the ventilated seats -- but there was no way I was going to shell out another $4K for features I wasn't interested in, in order to get the chance to buy one that I was attracted to. I truly believe Infiniti would sell more options if they didn't try and saddle you with a bunch of things people really don't care much for. In fact, I plan to lease the JX for three years, because I am convinced (or hold out a lot of hope) that a more feature-rich standard JX will be available and that I will be able to custom order the options I really want. Here's to hoping!

·
Registered
289 Posts
AWD, premium, and driver assistance. Ventilated seats and AC outlet are the two other things I'd like to have, but no way to pay the extra for just that. Every manufacture bundle their options, but Infiniti certainly takes it to a different level.

·
Registered
26 Posts
AWD, Premium and Driver Assistance. I would have loved to have the ventilated seats and AC outlet but I have no need for the other features and the Theatre package. Refuse to pay for more than I need.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Loaded to the hilt with Premium, Theater, Deluxe Touring and Technology. I'm an early adopter and a sucker for new toys.

Love the A/C cooled seats as it's been in the 90's already around here. The blind spot lights and lane departure are nice, and I love how the intelligent cruise takes me to a complete stop when the car in front of me does so...all the way from 75 to 0 without touching the brakes! The 360 camera views and front camera views are very useful parking in tight parallel space on the street.

The only thing I have really used is the theater package as DVD technology is 5 years behind the times and Infiniti forced the package on me to get the other packages. It should at least play blu-ray, but it doesn't. My kids enjoy their iPad/iPod/iPhones more. Maybe when I hook up our old PS2, they'll start to use the theater package.

·
Registered
5 Posts
AWD, Premium, Technology, Theater, Deluxe Touring - basically fully loaded. The driver assistance stuff has really impressed me although sometimes it can be a little fussy to be beeped at or corrected when you're intentionally slightly cutting lane markers. I could probably have lived without the DVD screens in favor of iPads but it is quite nice to have the control from the front and not have to bring iPads with you 'just in case'. The ventilated seats were a must have for me, and while not super-chillingly-powerful, they are a really nice feature even in May, and will probably be awesome in July and August.

·
Registered
275 Posts
All the 4 packages and the Tow Package.
The theater package is amazingly stupid for a $1700 package. The Bose sound system has no controls, not a big fan of the sound. Sounds muddy and clouded. And the screens are not a big deal to talk about. The headphones and remote look like crap. The system is insanely slow to start playing a divx file from a usb stick. For that kind of money you'd be better off, just buying 3 or 4 ipads and distributing it to your passengers. They'd probably have more fun and its more interactive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The theater package is amazingly stupid for a $1700 package. The Bose sound system has no controls, not a big fan of the sound. Sounds muddy and clouded. And the screens are not a big deal to talk about. The headphones and remote look like crap. The system is insanely slow to start playing a divx file from a usb stick. For that kind of money you'd be better off, just buying 3 or 4 ipads and distributing it to your passengers. They'd probably have more fun and its more interactive.
Completely agree, even with the dual screens the theater package is a step back from the system in my 08 MDX and not worth the money. MDX had a docking remote that charged, folding headphones that tucked into the seatbacks (though the JX headphones do fit perfectly into the bottle holder at the bottom of the doors) and the ability to pipe music from the front system to the rear headphones. JX system has many more home theater-type video and sound settings that are totally irrelevant in a rear seat system primarily intended for kids' entertainment...ability to play back USB files is potentially a significant benefit; haven't tried it but it looks like it's poorly implemented, with limited format and fileystem support, slow performance and a clunky GUI. Probably most annoying is the fact that, by default, the remote controls volume for both the front seat and the rear seat systems at the same time. So when your rear seat viewer tries to increase or decrease the volume on his\her headphones that also happens to what you're listening to up front. Very frustrating and I can't see a way to change it - if anyone has been able to and can walk me through it I would be immensely grateful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the headphones have a volume control dial on them.
They do, but that doesn't mean that the kids won't use the remote. I guess I can take the remote away, tape over the volume buttons or train them to not use it but that's ridiculous on a system that costs $1,700 on a 50K plus car.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Never understood why Infiniti does not allow you to choose individual options.. There are some options I really want but don't need the entire package..

·
Registered
289 Posts
Never understood why Infiniti does not allow you to choose individual options.. There are some options I really want but don't need the entire package..
To make a few more bucks. If you want to buy one feature, you have to buy others you don't want. All car makers do this. But infiniti takes it to a new level. Wait for next year, the maple accent will not be a individal free option!

·
Registered
175 Posts
All the 4 packages and the Tow Package.
That is very true. Infinti's options haven't been too great. Hopefully they will learn from this and maybe break up their packages so people can choose individual things to get more sales and have more happy customers.

Instead of getting a theater package I would keep the $1700, save up a bit more and get an aftermarket audio setup installed professionally.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts