Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Here is my opinion:

Volvo: Out without further consideration. Everyone that I know that has owned a Volvo has always had issues that kept them in the shop for a week at a time. The most common was issues with the transmission.

MDX: This was tough for me as well. My issue was that I traded a 2007 Lexus GX for the JX, and the MDX is the exact same vehicle in 2012 as it was in 2007. Additionally, the MPG has not improved at all on the MDX in 5 years. I don't like how plasticy the dash is in the MDX, and the exterior front styling is awful. Finally..... I couldn't wait for the redesign (I've read that it could be as late as 2014). I've also read on various Acura enthusiast websites that Acura is likely dropping the SH-AWD on the next redesign in the name of fuel economy. I test drove the new RDX and was not impressed, even with the V6. The interior was still filled with plastic, and the ride was still too harsh, but better than the old RDX.

JX: Why I bought... First, I use the JX for work. I carry lots of product for work, and EVERYTHING I carry fits completely in the area behind the second row. Second, the second row has more leg room than any other crossover on the market; when I do carry others in the car, everyone is comfortable. Performance wise, I'm not disappointed with the JX, and I've been told by many that I drive aggressively. There is a learning curve on the CVT, but once you get used to it, it is no big deal. I've never had any issues passing cars, or issues with power. I'd rather have the extra MPG with the CVT vs. a traditional tranny. I do wish that the JX had more contrast in the cabin: It's either all black or all tan. Contrasting colors on the dash and doors would give it a more luxurious feel inside, but overall, the interior is quite nice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.