Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For owners out there, what is it about the Infiniti JX that appealed to you over other the competition? Was is it a specific feature that got you? What separates this car from the rest?

On the flipside, what do you dislike? What would you change or improve?

·
Registered
11 Posts
We bought our JX less than two weeks ago. Here's what appealed to us:

3rd row, 360 degree cameras, roominess, exterior style, center console, memory seating/mirrors/ac settings/audio settings tied to the separate keys, 2nd row passenger seat can tilt and move forward with a car seat/booster in place, comfortable drive, seat rails for 2nd row aren't elevated, xenon lights and integrated fog lamps.

For us it came down to the JX and the Lexus RX. The JX replaced a first gen RX 300. Ultimately the selling points over the Lexus came down to the utility of the JX (3rd row), it also has the superior camera system, and we think it has better exterior and interior styling. As far as third row SUVs, we also compared the JX against the Buick Enclave. The Enclave's engine was louder when pushed hard, drove and felt heavier, and just isn't as appealing on the inside and outside.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
If I could change anything on the JX, I'd raise the roof line a bit more and raise the second row seats up a little more since they sit low to the floorboard (but they are still pretty comfortable especially for children and small adults). I'd like just a little bit more movement upward in the steering column. I wouldn't change much more.

When compared to its competitors price wise, I still think you get a lot more technology for your money. The safety features are very good and if I have a choice of having my seat vibrate when backing and an object is near, or having the vehicle warn you and stop, they JX wins. If you haven't already done so, compare all the features in the class against price, and also see what else the JX offers that the others don't. I think you'll find the JX has more to offer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love every aspect of the JX, except for performance and the fun to drive factor. When compared to the competition, this is one area that it doesn't do well. There is no "sport" in this suv and anyone that tells you otherwise just hasn't checked out the competition. If you can get past that, I think this a great SUV in every other department. best bang for the $$$.

If Infiniti ever makes a "S" variant, i would be the first one at the dealership.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I purchased this car because I wanted something that could haul people and or a lot of stuff but yet be comfortable to drive. I wanted something that I consider a cruising vehicle and do like the way it handles on windy roads. I think for what it is was designed to do, it performs just fine. I would be tempted to consider the new Q50 though as a second or sports car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Love the JX but dislikes would be not having a constant on 12v outlet, the rear glass does not separate to open by itself (like our previous pathfinder) Waiting for the automated lift gate to place small items in the trunk takes too long. Remote starting the JX with a smart phone like the new Enclave. Higher towing capacity and maybe more power. Guess there could be some minor annoyances but again, still liking it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think a factory override for the blocked out nav functions and some lighted home link keys would be good. Also, the power outlet, heated steering wheel and auto start option without the "i'm too old to stay in my lane" or "stare at the mini screen" expensive options. Other than that it seems to be very competent and doesn't look like the lexus jellybean or the boring birdlike mdx.

·
Registered
5 Posts
what I dislike is brake failure for no reason : It happened twice on a brand new JX35, with two different drivers. In both cases,we were driving slowly and the brakes didn't work at all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like the roominess of this vehicle. Standard features are pleasing and the engine sound is much quiter but being a luxurious car it produces sound is a cons for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two minor gripes that might just be a setting somewhere:
1 - I noticed the JX does not continue to play audio when the engine is turned off but before you open the door. Most other vehicles in this price range have that.
2 - On most cars when you hold down the driver's side window it slides all the way down if you let go after 2 seconds or so. On the JX I have to hold it down the whole time.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Two minor gripes that might just be a setting somewhere:
1 - I noticed the JX does not continue to play audio when the engine is turned off but before you open the door. Most other vehicles in this price range have that.
2 - On most cars when you hold down the driver's side window it slides all the way down if you let go after 2 seconds or so. On the JX I have to hold it down the whole time.
That doesn't sound right. My windows have the one touch up and down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Believe me, I have researched the market for one year to buy a SUV/crossover with 3rd row seat. I test drove Audi Q7 sport, BMW X5, Acura MDX and JX35, finally ended up buying JX35. I was little bit skeptical about the power of the vehicle(265 HP) but after owning it of for one month, I have realized that it is the BEST in its segment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Believe me, I have researched the market for one year to buy a SUV/crossover with 3rd row seat. I test drove Audi Q7 sport, BMW X5, Acura MDX and JX35, finally ended up buying JX35. I was little bit skeptical about the power of the vehicle(265 HP) but after owning it of for one month, I have realized that it is the BEST in its segment.
I agree. Recently, we owned an MDX and FX35. JX35 may not be as fun as FX35, but it is much more practical as a second family vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll start by saying that the Infiniti JX35 is the best SUV for the Price. I say this because I was able to get the vehicle for the price equal to or less than a Nissan Pathfinder Platinum. Whether it's the best in class, I'd say it's in the top 3. We purchased the vehicle for the 3rd row, looks, good mileage, previous good owner experience. I think QA wise and being it's the first year, it needs improvement. I'll post these issues as separate forum threads but within 3 months I've had 4 quality issues. A bit much from my ownership of 11 cars so far. The engine is a bit tricky at first but I've come to enjoy it and now it seems agile learning how to throttle the gas, unless you put it in ECO or SNOW. But so far I agree with most of what people are saying for improvement.

Improvements:
- Slightly higher rear end roofline
- Radio and features to stay on after turning off the vehicle
- Lift gate could be faster
- Convenient glass lift gate would be nice
- LEDs on the lights like other luxury end makers
- It's good but better leather quality
- Quality needed for the first year model such as windshield and final touches
- A way to put a european style step like the MB GLs.
- ALWAYS Better - faster engine!

What I like:
- Looks
- Warranty
- Engine
- Fuel economy
- 2nd and 3rd row functionality and design
- Interior design - like cool gauges, trims, center stack, etc.
- a lot of bang for the buck as long as you choose your options wisely
- Technology when used.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts