Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
seems like my JX is a dust magnet. For whatever reason, my car is coated in pollen and dust the day after washing it, and my wife's Toyota Sienna is not...... Not sure why.

·
Registered
289 Posts
What is the color of your JX? The surfae treatment of th sheetmetal and the type of paint may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You need a different type of carwash. Some types of carwash seem to attract dust more than anything. I've read some reviews for car washes that do a good job at repelling dust.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Navi screen resolution and display quality is poor, no auto dimming high beams (I knew that though before buying), SOS button poorly positioned next to light switch, can't watch DVD in back while using cd player

·
Registered
196 Posts
I dislike that it's my wife's primary vehicle and I don't get to play with it much.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You have a G35 to play with. Do I read correctly that you have TWO G35s? What do you think about the G37 design?

·
Registered
69 Posts
The passenger can't input addresses into the navigation system while the car is moving. Can't access your phone's contact list while the car is moving. The back up camera picture is not very good. The over head lights are not led.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The passenger can't input addresses into the navigation system while the car is moving. Can't access your phone's contact list while the car is moving. The back up camera picture is not very good. The over head lights are not led.

Thats a pretty bad list, while your passenger should be able to accesses those screens though,, but maybe a software update will solve that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1) Poor back up camera resolution and gets wet in rain
2) No built in audio hard drive
3) Front seat bases tilted forward
4) CVT
5)heated steering wheel and hatch release hard to see,,,,,,,stupid placement
6)sloppy handling
7)placement of rear hatch remote switch.
8)misc rattles

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not to mention the even poorer placement of the driver's seat and steering wheel selection for position 1 and position 2. The designers must have had too much saki when they were creating the switches in that area, ie, seat selection, heated steering wheel, rear hatch, etc.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
We have about 24,000 miles on our JX now and haven't found too many things we don't like about the car. When we researched all the cars in the class, the JX came out on top. I certainly don't mind the CVT. I occasionally hear rattles under the dash, but they are far and few between. Yes the buttons as mentioned are in an awkward position, but I'd rather have them there than clutter up the dash. I consider it a touring car, and appreciate the way it handles the road. As much as I like the X5 and M Class, they don't ride as smooth as the JX/QX. I don't know if there is any way to improve the camera placement. Every vehicle I've owned with cameras has had the same issue during rain/snow. I do think they work very well, and during nasty road conditions, they sure capture the road lines and appreciate the way the blind spot warning and intervention work.

I'm glad owners and those leasing these vehicles are still posting their comments on this subject. I know Infiniti does pay attention to this site. I'm sure you will see more improvements in the coming years. Like most new models, it does take a couple years to see significant improvements to the car, case in point, the 2014 Nissan Rogue. There new model is significantly improved over the previous years. We have the 2012 fully loaded and really like it, but will be trading it in for the 2014 comparable model. Not ready to trade in the JX however. By far, its been the best performing car I've ever owned, and its the 13 vehicle I've owned.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1) Poor back up camera resolution and gets wet in rain
2) No built in audio hard drive
3) Front seat bases tilted forward
4) CVT
5)heated steering wheel and hatch release hard to see,,,,,,,stupid placement
6)sloppy handling
7)placement of rear hatch remote switch.
8)misc rattles
Wow, it's like you read my mind. I second all of these.

Additionally, I dislike:

1. The lack of a premium paint option (no pearl or metallic paint)
2. The clearcoat is butter soft. I get waaay too many swirl marks
3. Adaptive Cruise Control needs more refinement. Too many times it simply jams the brakes on or is very jerky about adjusting speeds
4. No Daytime Running Lights (seriously, this isn't a mandate by the government yet?)
5. No separate display for redundancy of controls (like a little horizontal info display that'll tell you temperature settings, radio stations, phone connection info, etc)
6. Floormats are so cheap looking and feeling, it'd be an improvement to take them out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hate the navigation system. voice recognition is sub par along with the inability to access certain features while moving. What garbage. The heater makes a sound on mid-high fan which sounds like a dripping a/c unit and the garage says it's normal.
The option lists seem like a set up. Like the infiniti connect subscription that won't let me pick and choose the services I want, the ability to download maps via internet, but forces me to get BS features like remote door unlock for $300! You have to really be trying to lock the keys in this car.
Did I mention I hate the navigation system?
The steering wheel could be nicer.
The home link on the mirror should be lit.
The eco mode is for sadists and the snow mode makes no sense at all. Why would you decrease power when slipping on snow? It's AWD! I need power and wheel lock to muscle through. The CVT is smooth enough to steady the vehicle through acceleration, gimme what I need.
Oh, yeah.....whoever designed the nav system should be slapped, daily. I don't know if I mentioned that already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
like others have said here - lack of power. make the CVT work with higher output motors or just ditch it altogether. the 2014 MDX is markedly faster than the QX/JX and gets better gas mileage too with a 6spd. i also think the car's overall build quality is below that of german rivals and even the 2011 G37x i had. you could tell the G was built from the bottom up - a nice, cohesive package. the QX seems like it was thrown together a bit too quickly.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
1. The lack of a premium paint option (no pearl or metallic paint)

4. No Daytime Running Lights (seriously, this isn't a mandate by the government yet?)
Huh? Other than black, every color is metallic. You sure you're not talking about the mallfinder?

If you want DRL's on this car in the US, just set the headlights to Auto and turn on the fog lights. Lights will be on all the time. There's no law requiring DRL's in the US and if Infiniti forced DRL's on people, there'd be more people whining about their presence than there are people whining about the lack of DRL's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Huh? Other than black, every color is metallic. You sure you're not talking about the mallfinder?

If you want DRL's on this car in the US, just set the headlights to Auto and turn on the fog lights. Lights will be on all the time. There's no law requiring DRL's in the US and if Infiniti forced DRL's on people, there'd be more people whining about their presence than there are people whining about the lack of DRL's.
You can always have the option of turning the DRLs off. Not having those cool LED DRLs as seen in just about every other competitor in this segment is a cost-cutting measure by Infiniti - one can spin it however they want, but that's just the reality.

·
Registered
18 Posts
^ I guess thats true - now that I think about it every other manufacturer, even Honda, has LED DRLs now (at least some variant of LED DRLs - not necessarily the Audi type) Even American manufacturers are doing it.

It's interesting that the QX60 does not have some of this 'high tech' while it was pretty high tech safety features... also the mallfinder (as people call it) does not even has LED tail lights or HID headlights.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts