Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
From what i've read so far, the pathfinder specs/features are on par if not better then the JX. However, with Infiniti, you get the luxury brand name, better quality of materials used, overall fit an finish, service improvements, etc... All depends on whats important to you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
- LED tail lights
- front passenger seat is 6-way power (Pathfinder is only 4-way power)
- 15 speaker Bose system (Pathfinder only has 13 speaker Bose)

·
Registered
321 Posts
One thing for sure...2013 Pathfinder build site is 10 types better with way more options/accessories to pick.

·
Registered
196 Posts
-Infiniti Connection
-Probably a smoother and more comfortable ride
-Free loaners from service dept
-More exclusivity (I have yet to see another JX on the roads in 3 months of ownership!)
-The chance to spend more of your extra cash

Just a few other things that come to mind quickly about the JX over the Pathfinder.

·
Registered
524 Posts
This question is true for nearly every lux brand. If price is your only criteria, go buy a used minivan.

The Infiniti:
- Is available now
- Is luxury
- Is reaonalbly priced
- Nose looks better then Nissan
- Dash looks better than Nissan
- Additional tech features
- Dealership benefits (assuming they don't try their beat to screw you over during the buying experience.
- Don't have to wait in line behind a Versa

Then again, with the Nissan you don't get that lame "zig" on the back window.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Nissan Has Posted The Specs

The information and brochoure is located here: http://www.nissanusa.com/all-new-pathfinder/?dcp=ppn.63023881.&dcc=0.240189299

This is going to be a very nice car especially with a starting price of $28,270. They are offering a lot of nice features that the JX has, but like others have stated, you are not going to get the blind spot warning, lane departure intervention, its not going to stop you when you are backing up (but it will warn you), no rain sensor wipers or radar controlled cruise control, and as mentioned above, no Infiniti Connection or SOS. If you haven't test driven the JX, do so and wait until the Pathfinder comes out. My guess is that if you fully load the JX and Pathfinder, there will probably be a $10,000 difference.

Now that we've had our AWD fully loaded JX for over a month and have 2,200 miles on it, I can honestly say that I'm spoiled with the JX's higher end features. I will never buy another car without the blind spot warning system, and many of the "electronic nannys".

Good luck with your research and purchase.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think a fully loaded Pathfinder will cost less than $40K. The only thing better than the JX is the transmisson and the avaible 4WD. I htink the quality should be comparable to the JX, given the similar curb weights of the two. Howver, lacking the high end features will make the Pathfinder less attractive than competitors, such as the Ford Explorer. Increae the high end features, will make the JX less attactive. So Nissan only has one way out, lower the price.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Obviously a prospective buyer that wants any of the advanced safety tech features is going to pick the JX, since they are not available on the Pathfinder.

The interesting thing will be the price comparison between a JX with Premium Package and a Pathfinder Platinum. Looking at the package lists, the Pathfinder Platinum has pretty much all the items that come in the JX Premium Package (except Infiniti Connection). Will we see a $10k difference? I'd be surprised if it is that high. I'd guess more like $6-7k. At that point, each shopper is going to have determine if the higher quality, extra features, and luxury name are worth that much to him.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I still cant understand why people are even comparing the 2 vehs. Even if the Pathfinder was avail right now i would not be shopping for a Nissan because im looking for a luxury vehicle. I'm sure most JX owners on this forum compared the JX to the MDX, Q7, GL, and maybe the Lexus GX. i dont think that many members checked out the Acadia, Flex, Highlander, etc...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can tell you this. We looked at a lot of cars for my wife. She loves the JX for these features: the interior, the ride and drive, the quiet, the milage, the seat comfort, the arm rest positon for crying out loud, and the nanny features (which saved us from a front end collision in a parking lot already).

Really depends on who is buying. My wife drove out last car 11 years and 145,000 miles so if its a little more I'm not sweating it...

If it was me maybe I'd good a different way. The things that mattered to her and mattered to me were very different too... We looked at everything out there at the time..the JX had it all together for her... 5,000+ trouble free miles so far...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Quality? They're built in the same plant. Hopefully when the Pathfinders come out, they won't be as bad as the JX's have been so far.

Primarily and foremost, luxury vehicles are ostentatious goods. If one's self esteem is partially determined by the shape of the badge on the grill, great. Luxury vehicles can provide that functionality, but it's paid for in disproportionate ratios.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The answer to the OP is simply a matter of personal preference and whether you'll enjoy the higher quality materials / features on the Infiniti over the Nissan. Since Honda, Toyota, and Nissan introduced their luxury brands, the same questions have been asked.

Last time around, we opted for a fully-loaded Armada over the QX. We simply weren't willing to fork over the premium Infiniti was asking for a fully loaded QX. While the Nissan was nice, we were used to the benefits of driving a luxury vehicle (Audi/Acura) and found the dealer service to be lackluster. Further, the build quality was noticably different (fit/finish items wore quickly, wind noise, evident wear after only 2 years). The "ah-ha" moment for us was when a friend took us to dinner in his QX. It was 2 years older than my Armada with similar mileage to mine, but looked brand-new inside. Additionally, the quality of leather/finish was far superior and more comfortable. We realized at that moment where the extra dollars went. Spec-wise, they're nearly identical vehicles. In the comfort/feel/amenities/warranty/dealership areas, that's where the similarities end.

That's not to say the new Pathfinder won't be an amazing vehicle. It's simply not serving the same market as those looking for everything else you get in the JX package.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quality? They're built in the same plant. Hopefully when the Pathfinders come out, they won't be as bad as the JX's have been so far.

Primarily and foremost, luxury vehicles are ostentatious goods. If one's self esteem is partially determined by the shape of the badge on the grill, great. Luxury vehicles can provide that functionality, but it's paid for in disproportionate ratios.
I think you may want to look in the mirror....

1 - 20 of 52 Posts