Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to keep things simple - climate is on Auto most of the time and I only fiddle with the driver side temperature.

Two observations:

1. Temperature changes between 62 and approximately 67 barely feels, but when I switch from 62 to 61 it feels freezing immediately. It's like A/C turns on at 61 and turns off at 62.

2. When on Auto windshield and driver side window tend to fog quickly. This is weird, because when I look at Climate setting it shows A/C ON. And still fogging!? When I switch air on windows (first button in a row) - windows get defogged in a few seconds, but the temperature is uncomfortable hot, so I switch back to Auto and soon fog comes back.

Wonder if it is "normal" (poor A/C programming then) or something is not quite right with the car?

Thank you!
Konstantin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did not expect much from driver/passenger setting in the first place, seeing only one temperature sensor in the cabin, so I always keep them the same (not dual).

But really on 62 it feels too hot (being in winter clothes) and on 61 it is too cold!

I ended up controlling the temperature by opening driver side window. Helps with defogging as well :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also find the Windshield Defog setting is too hot... it's fast to defog the windshield but the temperature is a bit too high

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here, I picked up my QX60 last week. I also have no mid-range with the climate control. 90-62 is hot, 61, 60 is cold. Has anyone gotten this resolved? I have an appointment with the dealer this Saturday for another issue.

I'm also dealing with a strange smell when the interior fans are on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Climate Control Issue on QX60 and QX80

I did some research on the climate control issue with the QX60 and QX80. It is a known issue with Infiniti. They claim that this is part of the auto climate control system. There are sensors that measure the outside air temperature, and if the outside temperature is less than 65 degrees (F), it regulates in the air temperature settings inside the vehicle. The cut off temperature settings is 62 degrees. The dealerships receive between 1-4+ calls daily on this issue and there is not fix for this. The only option we have is to contact Infiniti Customer Service at 800-627-4437 and log a complaint. Everyone is upset with this, including myself. In my opinion, spending $50K on a vehicle deserves some attention to address a customer concern. Infiniti is knowingly selling these models with this defect and not disclosing to the consumer beforehand to make an well informed purchasing decision. Sounds like grounds for a recall, or worse a class action. Regardless, we simply want it addressed and resolved. My understanding is that this is simply a software update.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts