Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a WeatherTech cargo liner in our car. Great fit, great quality, great stuff! But here's the problem. If you want to fold down the middle row to haul a larger load, there's nothing to cover the hyde-of-nauga and padding that is wrapped a stupid distance around the back side of the seat. It will surely eventually get muffed if you try to carry a real load there.

Check out the pics of my mountain bike in there, you'll see what I mean. I haul single bikes in our Volvo XC wagon like that all the time because doesn't have the same design oddity. In fact, I removed the bike from the PF after I took these pictures and put it in the Volvo to go riding yesterday.

What we need is a Stage II cargo liner. One that fits over the entire back of that middle row seat, overlapping its side/back padding, and has a long tail on it extending rearward under the standard liner to somewhat bridge that gap that stuff likes to hang up in. If I had a second liner like that, I would cut a piece of wood or something to span the gap under the hypothetical liner.

I would spend $300 for a second liner like that in a heart beat. Does anyone else think it would be a handy addition for their occaisional usage? Please comment. If I'm not the only one that thinks this way, I will send a link to this thread to WeatherTech's marking people and ask them to give it some thought.

Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Bicycle Wheel Vehicle Bicycle wheel

·
Registered
209 Posts
The cargo liner was designed to be used only for when the 3rd row is down. Not for when the 2nd row is down. So I'm going to go out on the limb and say you're in the minority.

I'm fairly happy w/ mine. Did you also notice the front row has Digitfit weather mats available now?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're probably right on being the minority, we always have both seats down as we are empty nesters. Yeah, I saw that the mats are available (thank you forum), and immediately ordered a set directly from WeatherTech.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was looking for something like that, too. My old MDX had a synthetic fabric cargo cover. It fit on to the top of the second row seats and continued to the rear hatch. It was perfect in that it protected the entire cargo area, including the back of the 2nd row seats, with the 2nd row seats in either position. And since it was made from a synthetic fabric, you could roll it up and tuck it away if you needed to use the 3rd row seats.

I like the Weather Tech mats (I have their floor mats for the front and 2nd row seats), but haven't purchased their cargo cover because it is rigid. I would prefer to have something I can swap out when I'm not in my garage.

-Brian

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You might be able to look for generic mats that are around the same size as the back of the second row to just slap on there to avoid getting the back of the seat dirty. I don't think WeatherTech will make a cargo mat that large. It wouldn't work when all the seats are up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
or do what I do...
I have moving blanket to cover the 2nd row folded down seats when I transport large stuffs, such as ikea/homedepot run.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wishes come true, I just ordered the Covercraft. We will put it in, and the weather tech on top of it for wet stuff. Thanks JXtasy

·
Registered
9 Posts
I second the comment about pictures. Also, who did you order it from? Can you return it if you are not satisfied?
-Brian

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered it direct from covercraft, it was $147 shipped. I will post pics when I get it. I don't know about returns, but I am pretty sure I will like it better than the blanket I throw on now!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered it direct from covercraft, it was $147 shipped. I will post pics when I get it. I don't know about returns, but I am pretty sure I will like it better than the blanket I throw on now!
Have you received your cargo liner? I'm interested in hearing how you like it.
-Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts