Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone notice the air conditioning is weak.
I am in Chicago with around 70-80 degree outside temperature, and I set internal 70 degree, and set auto on.

Seems like it never hit the target temperature though, and kept using internal air circulation mode. Use hand touch the vent, seems like the air isn't cold enough comparing my 6 years old BMW......

Is this normal?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I haven't noticed that at all. I run my AC on Dual and find it works better than most cars that I have driven. I usually keep it on Fresh air, but do notice if I hit the Recirculating switch it does feel a bit cooler.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does anyone notice the air conditioning is weak.
I am in Chicago with around 70-80 degree outside temperature, and I set internal 70 degree, and set auto on.

Seems like it never hit the target temperature though, and kept using internal air circulation mode. Use hand touch the vent, seems like the air isn't cold enough comparing my 6 years old BMW......

Is this normal?

Thanks.
I think it is weak... Especially for the back seat. We are in Florida, so it is avg 90 degrees, and it seems to take a bit of time to cool the inside of the vehicle. But the cabin size of the JX is bigger than any other vehicle we have had so......

·
Registered
289 Posts
Down in Texas, it works fine. As the prervious poster said, teh cabin is big and it takes time to do the job. One thing you can do is to make sure the rear AC is on, that will help a lot. Remember, the JX has three zones.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes, it is weak.... I have noticed that setting to 60 get's it cooling much quicker. But during really hot days with the car sitting in the sun, it can take over 5 minutes for the air to really cool down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm the same, I have to set it a couple degrees higher than normal because I find it too cool. A lot of the time I will turn the fan down as well.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It's weak. I've had it to the dealership and they claim it's working as designed. They even recharged it (at least that's what they told me).

I have an M and had a loaner G for comparison. If you set the AC to 60 and enable recycle, and hold your hand over the front vent, you'll notice a huge difference.

Dealership had every excuse in the world, which were basically lies because they couldn't explain it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same complaints. When outside temp is 90 it blows on hi continually and never cools to the desired temp. The hi continuous fan is unbearable on long drives. Would love to hear others experiences esp with mfgr response to the complaints

·
Registered
166 Posts
set it to 60 AND make sure that you have the rear seat on as well. I've noticed that if the rear is not on, it takes forever to cool, and forever to get hot during the winter. (not the entire car, just the air from the vents.) You don't need to have the back seat blasting, just make sure it is on.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am having sporadic issues with the AC as well. Even when the temp is low outside, the AC doesnt seem to kick in even at the lowest temp...and YES, all AC modes are activated front and rear. Where is the sensor and what is it looking for to adjust?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ever since the change from freon to whatever they use now, ac's don't get as cold like they used to. I agree, I don't think the AC is very efficient in the rear of the JX

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Ever since the change from freon to whatever they use now, ac's don't get as cold like they used to. I agree, I don't think the AC is very efficient in the rear of the JX
I agree with you. In the days of freon, A/C units really cooled your vehicle, but the chemical they use now isn't as good. The JX AC from my perspective does the job, but where we live, it very seldom ever hits 100 degrees in the summer. Even on a long trip to California last year, the AC was acceptable. I just kept the rear unit on medium during the trip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had no AC in mine after about 7 months. Turns out - parts were missing near the condenser unit and the new type of Freon completely leaked out. The dealer had the the truck for 2 days and pretty much replaced all of the AC assembly coming to the condenser unit. I would recommend having yours checked at the dealer.

BTW.... inside, it began to smell like antifreeze leak just before it went out completely.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't have an issue with the cold air temperature that is blowing, but rather the air speed, it is very faint. Set to 80% and it feels like it is barely blowing. As a comparison, my old 10-year old BMW requires only about 20% setting to achieve same.

Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts
The problem I have with my JX auto air is wild fluctuations depending on the brightness of the sun. Is anyone noticing this? Driving on the highway from shady to sunny areas (but no real temperature swings) forces a noticeable swing in the interior temp of the JX. Monitoring the temp of the air coming out of the center vent to left of screen shows a 15 degree swing, from low to mid 40's to high 50's into 60 degree output temp. Dealer says call Infiniti Consumer Affairs, and they basically say take it to the dealer. I think I own my first AND LAST Infiniti product.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here in GTA we had a pretty hot week.. i set mine to 24 with Auto on and rear just fan on with low speed. that did the trick compared to starting the car with blasting fan and 18

1 - 20 of 21 Posts