Infiniti JX Forums banner

We have no DRL's on our JX's??

16K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  calboy555 
#1 ·
Ok, So we have had the JX for two days now...i guess I am either doing something wrong...or do we not have any type of DRLs on our U.S version?? Surely, our JX's have them??
airlaird

#3 ·
Its a Nissan thing and I can't understand why they don't included them here in the US but they are mandatory in Canada. If we can't find a dealership here to install them, I think we may be making a trip to Canada since it appears that there are plenty of places to install them up there.

#5 ·
Many people don't like DRL, one of the reasons it hasn't become law. Careful about aftermarket jobs. Factory DRL's typically run a lower voltage to preserve bulb life, cables wear (from higher voltage), and battery drain.

In addition the Xenon lights are never used for DRL's.

#7 ·

the DRL would be the bulb closer to the middle.

Short answer: no

Long answer: I think there is a relay that only comes with the Canadian models that is needed. However, even if you order and install one, the BCM controls a close signal by switching the ground for this circuit, and the BCM does not do this for the US models. So in absence of reprogramming the ECM or BCM, it just won't work.
That is some info I found on a Infiniti FX forum.

You may be able to get DRL's installed via a separate switch in the dash.

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.