Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very excited about the JX35 and was about to negotiate pricing. Then I heard about the name change to QX60 in 2014. This makes me question my decision - what would you do??

1. Go ahead and buy the 2013 JX35 now and not worry about it.
2. Wait and buy the 2014 model. I worry about resale value when no one knows what the JX35 is and it was only named for one year.
3. Wait until the 2014 models come out, then shoot for a better deal on a 2013.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am very excited about the JX35 and was about to negotiate pricing. Then I heard about the name change to QX60 in 2014. This makes me question my decision - what would you do??

1. Go ahead and buy the 2013 JX35 now and not worry about it.
2. Wait and buy the 2014 model. I worry about resale value when no one knows what the JX35 is and it was only named for one year.
3. Wait until the 2014 models come out, then shoot for a better deal on a 2013.
I got my JX in December just before the announcement...I was pretty upset for the same reasons you discussed. However, I will say that I love my JX and I couldn't have waited until the 2014 comes out. However, I think that there will be some cool changes for the 2014 if you can wait. I would say that they will have better internet connection for things like Pandora and|or iheartradio, etc. which will be pretty cool and a lot better than XM although I am sure that they will keep that too. Then I would guess that they will add LED day time running lights of some sort...There may also be a hybrid option as well as other potentially other engine options....So those are some positives. However, if those things don't make you want to wait you can't go wrong with this model. I love driving it everyday. Good luck! and let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I don't think the name should dictate your decision. If you need the vehicle in the next six to seven months, get it. Otherwise wait.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I agree with Yeller. If you need a car sooner than later, then I'd go with the JX even though the name will change in 2014. I don't know what other bells and whistles Infiniti could put on in the 2014 model because it is very well equipped. Do keep in mind that this is a first year car and that there probably are going to be some improvements. All I can say is that I am really enjoying driving the JX. As far as I know there are only 3 in my community and in a way, that is pretty cool! I'm still on the fence if I'm going to change the badge to the QX60 however.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If there were going to be substantial changes on the 2014 JX, we might have known about it know. They are already busy releasing 2 new cars for 2014.
You could look into the new MDX if the connected apps are a thing for you. They also have comparable mileages (I think).

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't expect any updates to the QX JX in 2014. Generally, manufacturers update their models 2 years after release for a mid-cycle update and then 4 years is a model refresh. So don't expect anything more on the 2014 than the 2013. I would say if you can wait it out until end of 2013 cycle, then buy the 2013 then as it will be more discounted to get ready for the QX60 for 2014. If you can't wait, then buy it now.

·
Registered
248 Posts
When we ordered ours last June, JX's still had a "new" sizzle. The dealer only had a few, and dealing was tough. Since then, it seems supply has surpassed demand, my small dealer has had 25+ on the lot since fall (randomly looking at the inventory numbers on the Infiniti site). I think about anyone would negotiate invoice at this point. Unless Infiniti itself kicks in cash to clear the old ones out, I think pricing right now is as good as it will get(?)

·
Registered
51 Posts
My previous email about the 2014 potentially having internet connectivity applications like Pandora came in a direct response from Infiniti on their facebook site when I asked the question about whether their was potential to upgrade our 2013 with Pandora in the future via Infiniti Connect. They indicated that there was nothing they could do for the 2013 model but that it was coming in the 2014 model.

I will say that you can access any of these app via Bluetooth audio on the current model however, in my case with an android phone it shows the last track played on google play on the screen even though it is playing pandora or iheartradio. It is a pain when the screen is set to show the audio, but you can just turn on the map and not look at the song|artist...That is my way around it and the sound quality is much better than FM.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They are redesigning all the other models when they go to the Q naming, but not the JX.

Considering the 2013 guys will be left out of the namming scheme for the new models, I can see people asking and possibly having Infiniti rebadge the rear of the car with a Q badge. The bading its self is normally $20 -$50, and it's just double sided 3M tape. If you made a big enough fuss, you'd probably get it.

I know the M was the bigggest deciding factor behind the renaming. The current naming tied the car to the motor size. But the 2014 M is supposed to drop the V8 and go with a new 3 point something V6 which get 400 horses but amazing gas mileage.

But who wants to go from a M56 to and M3 point something when upgrading models. Thus the New Q, with no reference to the engine size anymore.

But this does not apply to the 2014 JX, so...rebadge it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I wonder how they will differentiate between the V4 and V6 models. The JX will get a hybrid next year so will they just call it a QX60H? or QX60 Hybrid?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
The JX will get a hybrid next year so will they just call it a QX60H? or QX60 Hybrid?
/\/\ This. Either QX60h or QX60 Hybrid. What I don't know yet is 1) whether there will still be a FX50 and M56, and assuming there is, what they'll call those.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts