Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When placing my order I received a VIN on a Vehicle Information sheet. The order was recently delayed and I was sent a new Vehicle Information sheet. The VIN on the new sheet is different than the original.

I'm assuming this is becuase my JX was given to another person. Is there another reason the VIN can change? Is it possible the manufacturer chooses not to use a VIN?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
It sounds like they sold the car to someone else. That would be the only reason to change the paperwork. If I were you, I'd ask the dealership what happened.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like they sold the car to someone else. That would be the only reason to change the paperwork. If I were you, I'd ask the dealership what happened.
Thanks for your feeback, I plan to discuss tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my car in the beginning of may and still have not received delivery of the vehicle (they did not give me vin number at the time). and they tell me that it will still be a few more weeks yet.
is it possible that the dealership is receiving delivery of the car but is simply selling it to other customers for a quick sale and pushing me back of the queue?

·
Registered
86 Posts
When I reserved mine, dealer took 1 thousand dollars and within 5 min gave me a VIN (it was "due to arrive in a few weeks" and it arrived 1 week late. Dealers know what's coming and have a good idea of when it will arrive...if they say they don't, I wouldn't trust em

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I reserved mine, dealer took 1 thousand dollars and within 5 min gave me a VIN (it was "due to arrive in a few weeks" and it arrived 1 week late. Dealers know what's coming and have a good idea of when it will arrive...if they say they don't, I wouldn't trust em
I agree, and HATE this process. This is the 2nd dealership in Dallas that's basically lying to my face. I don't understand why it's so hard for dealerships to simply stick to their word.

·
Registered
248 Posts
There's a difference between ordering one and reserving one, I suppose. Evanston45, it sounds like you grabbed one they had already ordered and it was on the way. We ordered ours, telling them exactly everything we wanted (white/java/maple/premium/drivers/rails/tow/bumper/flaps/sills). The statistical probability they would have had one exactly like we wanted in the queue was very low, especially since we are conscientious objectors to parenting implications of the theater package, which they put in ALL their cars they order. We have an order number, but the VIN takes a few weeks to shake out of the system. We don't have that yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm probably just being overly paranoid since it is taking so long for the delivery. In any case, I wouldn't even know how to broach the subject. Whenever I ask for an update, they just tell me that it is back ordered and will still be a few weeks yet.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Years ago my wife and I had a Honda Accord sold out from under us after leaving a deposit on the car. They were so hot at that time and dealerships would sell to those that would pay higher prices. I sure hope these games aren't still being played by any dealership.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If dealerships are playing games with you, you can leave a review on Yelp these days. I had an immediate response from the general manager of the whole 3 brand auto group when I left a review of my dealings with the salesman.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Talk to Infiniti Corporate, 1-800-293-0800, if you feel your dealers are cheating you.
If not, stay put :)

I called them for a couple of the things I wanted replaced on my car and they were very helpful.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Talk to Infiniti Corporate, 1-800-293-0800, if you feel your dealers are cheating you.
If not, stay put :)

I called them for a couple of the things I wanted replaced on my car and they were very helpful.
Thank you for the details. I left message with the deaership Monday and they still haven't called back. Real classy. I'll call Infiniti Corporate.

I'll probably just cancel my order. The MSRP increase (AKA money grab), two crappy dealerships, problems with sales staff and their managers...why bother? Even if I just wait it out, I have to visit these guys eveytime I need something repaired/fixed and if their sales departments treat customers like this then why should I trust their service departments?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Thank you for the details. I left message with the deaership Monday and they still haven't called back. Real classy. I'll call Infiniti Corporate.

I'll probably just cancel my order. The MSRP increase (AKA money grab), two crappy dealerships, problems with sales staff and their managers...why bother? Even if I just wait it out, I have to visit these guys eveytime I need something repaired/fixed and if their sales departments treat customers like this then why should I trust their service departments?
Please keep us posted on what Corporate does. You might even want to try going to a dealership out of state. We ended up buying our Infiniti warranty from Circle Infiniti of New Jersey based on info we picked up on this forum. They beat everyone's price by a chunk of change. I'm sorry you are having such bad luck. I bet you'll get results out of Corporate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts