Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

With DVDs slowly going by the wayside, the USB option in the theatre package was definitely a tipping point.

I have a SanDisk 16GB drive formatted to MS-DOS Fat 32 using a MacBook pro to transfer videos in .avi format

Right now, I'm getting the unplayable file message.

I will post in detail when I get it working and hope that any of you can also mention your experiences, tips etc... more importantly, the type of USB drive and the workflow you used to get the media to the flash drive.

Thanks in advance for all the responses. I hope we can make a sticky out of this...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, i managed to get it working. I used avic.exe and found a windows machine as per arson168's advice. no issues so far. i haven't tried to make a playlist or test for any features other than playing the file. does anyone know if that's possible?

·
Registered
524 Posts
alright, i managed to get it working. I used avic.exe and found a windows machine as per arson168's advice. no issues so far. i haven't tried to make a playlist or test for any features other than playing the file. does anyone know if that's possible?
What kind of options are you looking for? And how are you playing the file?

I'm guessing USB by your avic.exe comment. This method includes simply copying the file to root of your USB drive. The only options are pause, play and skip. No fast forward. It will also pause and play from pause point after the car is restarted.

Playlist means you moved the file to iTunes. I hear if the media file is played from an iPhone or iPad, you can fast forward, but I haven't tried it yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts