Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing with the front audio and rear theater controls for the past few days, and I've come across a dilemma:

With a DVD in the player, my daughter can continue to hear the movie through her headphones if I switch to AM/FM, XM or Bluetooth streaming audio (for my iPhone 4).

When I switch to the USB-attached iPod I have connected in the center console, the DVD audio for my daughter disappears.

Is there a way to play USB audio in front and DVD audio in back via the headsets? I just purchased the 30-pin to RCA cable so that my daughter can plug her iPod into the rear console and play her movies, but I would like to be able to accomplish the above as well, if possible.

Anyone else encounter this? More importantly, has anyone solved it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am pretty sure that this in fact will work. Play your USB audio and then press settings > rear display > and click on dvd for the rear seats.

I have been playing with the front audio and rear theater controls for the past few days, and I've come across a dilemma:

With a DVD in the player, my daughter can continue to hear the movie through her headphones if I switch to AM/FM, XM or Bluetooth streaming audio (for my iPhone 4).

When I switch to the USB-attached iPod I have connected in the center console, the DVD audio for my daughter disappears.

Is there a way to play USB audio in front and DVD audio in back via the headsets? I just purchased the 30-pin to RCA cable so that my daughter can plug her iPod into the rear console and play her movies, but I would like to be able to accomplish the above as well, if possible.

Anyone else encounter this? More importantly, has anyone solved it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This definitely did not work. With the DVD in the player, it starts on the rear monitors automatically when I select DVD. However, as I cycle through the audio choices, the sound in the rear headphones for the DVD stops when I select the Aux (iPod) source.

I just read in another thread to start with the USB audio, and then select DVD in the rear. I'm going to try that next.

I am pretty sure that this in fact will work. Play your USB audio and then press settings > rear display > and click on dvd for the rear seats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts