Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BE REALLY CAREFULL WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR CAR FOR SERVICE AT THE DEALER... The transmission in my 2013 JX35 just stopped working (!) on the road Friday evening almost 3 weeks ago, so the car was towed to that dealership on Saturday. Monday they said they didn't look into that yet, Tuesday they said it was a WRONG(!) transmission fluid in it! Nobody opened the transmission besides the service man at the dealership and they said they have to send the fluid to the lab for testing. Now it has been 19 days since my car is there, and it looks like they are doing everything not to repair it under warranty! The car has 52K and it is under warranty… Their service is the worst and definitely not what you would expect from Infiniti. This is veeery low! So now I have no car and they are trying to avoid repairing it under warranty... saaad verry saad

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, what would be in it for the dealership to fake lab results if they really sent the fluid sample to a lab? Don't dealerships get reimbursed for warranty work they perform anyway? If true, I'm shocked a dealership would go through this nonsense. Maybe just for the hell of it, give the Infiniti Customer Service Center a call and log a complaint about this to be further looked into.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm shocked myself. It has been the 4th week and still no results of that sample test. Inifiniti Canada says they have it on priority list, I'm prepairing all documents to send to OMVIC (Ontario's Vehicle Salels Regulator) with complaints, Infiniti Canada still has no answer for me... When your car breaks down and it is still under warranty you just bring it for service without taking pictures "before", don't take samples of any fluids... I always buy cars brand new so have no worries, just oil changes, and that's what I did. The last engine oil change (not the transmission fluid!!!) was 4 thousand km ago, at 48 000, but it was done at the differrent shop, not at the dealer and I think thet's where the problem begins. It does not void the warranty, right? At least that's what the manual says.
I loved this car so much, but now when I see it on the road I think what a disappointment... I honestly don't know what's in it for the dealership. They came up with this idea of wrong fluid, and too bad I did not take pictures of the screws and paint on the transmission before I took my car there. Has anyone heard about this kind of transmission problem? Help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts