Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are just giving up our MDX, finishing up our 2nd lease, and now leasing a JX35. It looks like the 2nd and 3rd row functions is more what we're looking for, however, we are giving up 2 items that hopefully will be recitified soon. First, we had a tri-folding waterproof cargo tray for our MDX and loved it. Our 1st lease did not fold up, but the one we have now, folds up nicely if we to unexpectedly have to transport a 3rd row passenger, it just trifolds in the back compartment with all 3 rows up. We bought one from our Infiniti dealer, for the JX35, they say it's waterproof, but it has a carpeted section on one side and a "waterproof" section on the other, which doesn't attach to the floor if you're using the waterproof side, like the carpeted section does. It has a split in the middle to allow you to do the 50/50 split of the 3rd row seat, however, when it's down completely, I'm sure A LOT of dirt and such will sneak in between (our son plays on 2 baseball teams and husband coaches both, we track in A LOT of dirt and clay with all that gear!). Anyone find a better waterproof trifolding cargo liner for the JX35 yet?

Also, the roof racks are ridiculos! On all of the other Infiniti's, except for the JX35, the racks have a open area underneath where you can attach a Thule rack. We have carried our kayaks on top of our MDX with no probelm. Don't think we can do it on the JX35 useless roof racks, the crossbars don't even move! Any suggestions? I've also read someone elses thread about the antenna on the back end. I didn't even think of that! Are we not going to be able to transport our kayaks on the roof?

Thanks for reading!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Weathertech makes a cargo protector that does what you want. It's been discussed here. Just search weathertech or cargo protector.

The roof is what it is, for the most part. I suppose if you don't already have the roof rails, you could purchase the Pathfinder ones and install those. They should fit. Then you'll have a more traditional rail - more like what I think you're asking for.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The roof is what it is, for the most part. I suppose if you don't already have the roof rails, you could purchase the Pathfinder ones and install those. They should fit. Then you'll have a more traditional rail - more like what I think you're asking for.
Has anyone confirmed this?

Do we know if the PF roof rack rails fit JX?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts