Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new JX AWD in California yesterday and within 4 hours of driving home from the dealer I had a check engine light come on. I took it to the dealer today and they said the transmission valve body failed and needs to be replaced. The dealer said it doesn't require the transmission to be taken apart except for the pan needs to be removed so they can reach the valve body.

I just bough this car and the last thing I want is to have a lot of problems in the future because they are already replacing parts. Does any one know if this type of repair is serious and could cause issues down the line? Should I talk to the dealer and see what they can do since the failure happened the same day I purchased the JX. Any one know what my options are? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
By the time someone replies to you on this forum...it will be weeks later ;-). Peronally I would get my money back if that is possible. I beleive you can do this within three days?
airlaird

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
It sounds like you got one with a defective part which snuck by the QA process. I'd be tempted to pursue getting another replacement vehicle. This is way too soon to see such a problem.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Laws vary from state to state. I think the bigger issue is even if they were to take back your JX, is there another one optioned they way you want it? If you are comfortable with your dealer, I personally would not have a problem with them taking care of the repairs, giving you a loaner, and maybe ask for some free service (oil changes, tire rotations) as a future credit. Let the service department properly correct the problem. Just my thought.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ca doesn't have a cooling off period so I don't believe you can take it back. But the power train is covered by a 5yr 70k mi warranty so you should be ok. Any defects should be worked out by then. I would try and get some free oil changes etc... Out of them as others have suggested.

FYI I've got 20k on mine in 9 mos and no issues at all. Hopefully you get it fixed once and that's it!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a similar issue with a Ford vehicle and they were more than happy to give me the longest extended warranty offered after I complained though. I had to call corporate and complain and it worked. The dealer would only fix the problem. If it is more than they say with your transmission it will fail again long before your warranty is up so it will be an inconvienience but after that your JX should be just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts