1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owner's manual states the following:

Operation:
1. Add air to the tire.
2. After a few seconds, the hazard indicators will start flashing.
3. When the designated pressure is reached, the horn beeps once and the hazard indica- tors stop flashing.
4. Perform the above steps for each tire.

So how do I designate the pressure? I noticed that the dealer inflated my tires to 40 psi. But the manual says 35 psi... So which is correct? And, of course, how do I set the system to recognize it for 35 psi or 36, 37, etc. as per #3 above?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have the same question. Our Mallfinder will have the same system, and lists the 20" tires that come on the Platinum as 35psi, and the 18" wheels that come on the lower trim levels as 33psi. 2 psi makes a big difference on tire life! I wonder if our Platinum will be set for 35psi, and I will have a low pressure indicator on when I put on my 33psi snow tires.

I have messed with TPMS sensors, their reading vs my accurate digital tire gauges, and noticed some 1-2psi variation. On my cars, I just use a digital gauge all the time. I will continue to use a digital gauge with the PF even though it will have the magic horn beep feature.

Were your tires all uniformly at 40psi? When tires warm up from a frosty morning to a 60 degree afternoon, with some freeway driving, the pressure can easily go up a noticeable amount. And then drop back down again that night.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they were dead on at 40. At first I thought they were compensating for the impending cold weather, but even so, its a bit too much. I'm going to manually drop them to 37.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts