Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the time to figure out which fit kit works with Thule and/or Yakima racks to attach one of those racks to a JX35 that does not have factory Roof Rails and Cross Bars? Looking at the JX, it seems to me that there must be a Thule fit kit that would work, I'm just not sure which one. The Thule and Yakima sites don't list the JX as a configurable vehicle yet.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I talked to both Thule and Yakima. Neither has anything in the works, and say they will evaluate market size before deciding to do the design and tooling. They did say that they have generics that use steel strap from the door/roof gap to a foot pad sitting on the roof. Wow, that would look classy, just like a rental car in a ski resort town!

The Pathfinder has real metal roof rails, elevated enough to put Thule or Yak clamps on to hold real crossbars. I'm really curious to know if they would fit a JX. Since they're lowly Nissan, you could probably buy the Pathfinder pieces cheaper as crash repair parts than you could get the plastic bump "roof rails" on the JX.

Bad miss, Infiniti marketing.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm interested to see if the Pathfinder rails work/fit. If I were a customer buying a new JX and knew those would fit, that's the route I'd go. Since the Infiniti rails include a finishing piece to cover the long slot where the rails go, I wonder what will be provided with the Nissan part and whether it will need to be color matched to Infiniti colors.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Get silver moldings if there want a cross over color, silver would match the natural aluminum color of the rails. They even use the same name with whites...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts