Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or JX looks more like a mini-van than an SUV. I have been stalking this forum and infiniti's website for about a month since I found out about it and this past Saturday, i actually got a chance to drive one at my local dealership. I must say i was impressed with the ride but to me, it looks more like a mini-van (think Honda Odyssey). Now don't get me wrong, i think it has a potential to do very well with families and that's how they are marketing it to start with. However, for people like me who don't have any kids (just wife and potentially a dog for now), is it going to be an overkill in terms of its van-ish looks? We plan to start a family in a year or two but for right now, I want a more muscular and traditional looking SUV. Anybody else feels the same way?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had the same thought when I saw the pictures. In reality it looks less like a minivan.
I would say its somewhere between the two and I have a feeling it won't age well.

I am willing to buy one at the right price though :) I would have gone for an MDX if it wasn't at the end of its life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been going back and forth between a JX and a Ford Edge. Not a huge fan of the way JX looks and wifey doesn't like the Edge.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I lloked at MDX too, lag behind too much technologically. Third row is unusable.

Every new cossover looks like a van, at least for somebody. As time passes by, it will become a SUV. I have heard people tlaking about Nissan Murano, the new Ford Explorer, and the buick as van. They are all SUV just fine.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would have waited for an MDX refresh. Unfortunately it looks like they'll continue the current model for another year. This year they are refreshing the RDX. Typically they don't introduce too many new cars in a year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We still have people coming in and suggesting the Murano looks like a van, at least every once in a while. Gotta figure that as the distinctions keep blurring from one class to another as vehicle innovation carries on, it'll continue to get murkier where the lines get drawn until we throw out concepts altogether and base our definitions purely on the vehicle stats and specs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts