Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I sent in another request to find out what the status of the WeatherTech mats for the JX and Pathfinder and this is the response I received.

Engineers recently received the vehicle into our studio and we are still in the engineering and tooling stages of the FloorLiners. The Pathfinder FloorLiners and All Weather Mats are also currently under redesign. We are expecting to see our WeatherTech products for the new Nissan and Infiniti available for sale within the next 6-9 weeks.

I strongly suggest having your members fill out a Product Request Form, http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/, (FYI, you won't be able to select either vehicle yet on this site and I passed that information on to WeatherTech) this will allow us to contact you by phone or email when the products become available for sale. This is a protected form only accessed by our team to contact interested buyers. It also allows our engineers and new product development team to see that there is a large demand for the JX, which can make the vehicle a priority.

I’m sorry for the inconvinence the delay is causing and we appreciate your continous interest and patience. Please feel free to contact me back directly through this email or by calling 800.441.6287 ext 418.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Mary Palazzolo
MacNeil Automotive Products Ltd.।WeatherTech
Customer Service and Sales Representative
[email protected]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good job man, a lot of people will appreciate that you followed up with them. Can't wait for these 6-9 weeks to fly by. WT mats are what everyone wants, they're the best!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Too late.. I just bought the Infiniti set. They are taking way too long for this one. The Infiniti is the first car of 15 that I've had that won't have the Weathertech... But wouldn't it be funny if the Infiniti set was made by them anyway? :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Too late.. I just bought the Infiniti set. They are taking way too long for this one. The Infiniti is the first car of 15 that I've had that won't have the Weathertech... But wouldn't it be funny if the Infiniti set was made by them anyway? :)
quite the change! i wonder how long you can hold up without weathertechs! :D

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BobOB, thanks for the update. Do you know if this timing applies to the Cargo Mat as well as the floor mats?
They really won't commit to exactly what they are coming out with. I can see the front and rear mats, but it will be interesting to see what they do for the second and third row seats since the track provides flexibility. I do like the Infiniti all weather mats, but will fork out the extra for the WeatherTech since we get lots of pine needles and rain here in the Pacific Northwest.

·
Registered
149 Posts
They really won't commit to exactly what they are coming out with. I can see the front and rear mats, but it will be interesting to see what they do for the second and third row seats since the track provides flexibility. I do like the Infiniti all weather mats, but will fork out the extra for the WeatherTech since we get lots of pine needles and rain here in the Pacific Northwest.
I still haven't bought a JX as yet and the infiniti usa parts finder doesn't list the JX....can you post pic's of your OEM all weather mats?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am pretty sure the WeatherTechs are better than the OEM ones. There is also Husky Liners.
How can you say that when the WeatherTechs aren't even out? The only good thing from WT's are the "liners". If you compare the regular winter mats vs the OEM winter mats, the OEMs are much better... I can say that when I've used WTs in 15 of my cars. I wouldn't buy WTs today unless it's the "liners". The WT winter mats suck.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
How can you say that when the WeatherTechs aren't even out? The only good thing from WT's are the "liners". If you compare the regular winter mats vs the OEM winter mats, the OEMs are much better... I can say that when I've used WTs in 15 of my cars. I wouldn't buy WTs today unless it's the "liners". The WT winter mats suck.
Yes you are right I was refering to the DigitFit weather mats. Those are a gift from god. I love how they keep the carpet clean through the winter. I don't like regular weather mats. I have the OEM, regular WeatherTechs, and Digital Fit Weather Tech Liners on my Acura TL. Both the OEM and regular WTs suck. Dirt gets everywhere. Cleaning regular rubber mats is also a pain. The Digital Fit weather techs are super easy.

Big difference.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes you are right I was refering to the DigitFit weather mats. Those are a gift from god. I love how they keep the carpet clean through the winter. I don't like regular weather mats. I have the OEM, regular WeatherTechs, and Digital Fit Weather Tech Liners on my Acura TL. Both the OEM and regular WTs suck. Dirt gets everywhere. Cleaning regular rubber mats is also a pain. The Digital Fit weather techs are super easy.

Big difference.
yup i love cleaning the weather techs....just pull into the coin wash, hang them up, a few quick sprays and it's all gone.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ordered the OEM kit from the dealer for the cargo protector and should be able to pick it up soon. I really do want to weathertech ones if they ever get to producing them. But does anyone know if the weather tech may be able to be "folded" if the 3rd row is up? The OEM can and are held on by velcro. That's the nice feature. I don't want to have to remove the weather tech every time I have to use the 3rd row. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered the OEM kit from the dealer for the cargo protector and should be able to pick it up soon. I really do want to weathertech ones if they ever get to producing them. But does anyone know if the weather tech may be able to be "folded" if the 3rd row is up? The OEM can and are held on by velcro. That's the nice feature. I don't want to have to remove the weather tech every time I have to use the 3rd row. Thanks.
If I were a betting man, I'd say no. We purchased the liner you are describing for our 2010 Armada and it was great but didn't fold. Since we seldom used the third row seats, it wasn't an issue, but we did have to store it when we were transporting people back there. Since we couldn't sell it on e-Bay, I do occasionally use it in the JX even though it is a bit larger and folds slightly on the sides. WeatherTech should have the mats out in the next couple months since they now have the car in their possession.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hopefully. Looking forward to seeing the products come out for the JX. They also make decent sun shields and also a film to put on your headlight to prevent it from getting rock chips.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got covercraft sun shade from autoanything. there's a 10% discount right now going on I think. $43 or so plus tax for me in CA.

·
Registered
321 Posts
AVS tends to have fitment/quality issues...OEM/WeatherTech are better. You get what you pay for...all up to you though.

I got covercraft sun shade from autoanything. there's a 10% discount right now going on I think. $43 or so plus tax for me in CA.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the new liners from Weathertech? Their website only shows "representative" pics and not pics of the actual JX.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does anyone have pics of the new liners from Weathertech? Their website only shows "representative" pics and not pics of the actual JX.
It looks like they still haven't produced the DigitFit floor liners yet, but they should be out soon. I was also hoping they'd come out with the sun roof wind deflector too.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I just called WeatherTech. They said you can order the Digital Fit mats now. They will be manufacturered soon and they will charge your credit card when it is shipped out. This can be anywhere between a week to three weeks. But she said its better to order soon because the first run might sell out fast.. Not sure if shes lying or not.. But there is some info.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Big difference.
I was not even aware of Weather Tech. Looks like a quality product. I will definitely order. Thanks Bob and CFRP for the heads up.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts