Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2013 Jx in December and am overall happy with the car...however the satellite radio reception stinks. I traded an '06 odyssey that also had satellite radio and it worked great. The radio in this car loses signal everywhere and all the time. What the heck. Why is it so bad and is there a fix anyone knows of like a way to add a better antenna? I use satellite radio all the time and never listen to am/fm so this is a huge issue for me. Any info, fixes, insight appreciated. TIA

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Bought a 2013 Jx in December and am overall happy with the car...however the satellite radio reception stinks. I traded an '06 odyssey that also had satellite radio and it worked great. The radio in this car loses signal everywhere and all the time. What the heck. Why is it so bad and is there a fix anyone knows of like a way to add a better antenna? I use satellite radio all the time and never listen to am/fm so this is a huge issue for me. Any info, fixes, insight appreciated. TIA
The only time I'm loosing a signal is when I'm passing under heavily treed areas. Other than that, the satellite reception is excellent. So far I haven't seen any threads in the past year with owners having issues with the reception.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You may want to have that checked out at the dealer. Reception on my JX has been nothing short of wonderful. I had two previous Nissan Armadas that would "blip" out when going through heavily wooded area near my home. JX has not cut out on me yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You may want to have that checked out at the dealer. Reception on my JX has been nothing short of wonderful. I had two previous Nissan Armadas that would "blip" out when going through heavily wooded area near my home. JX has not cut out on me yet.
I have had the same experience as mmmits23 -- I had an Acura MDX that would go blank for a short stretch on a ramp I always take to get home, and that has not happened with the JX... I would have it checked out by the dealer...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you bobob You actually live pretty darn close to me so if you are getting good reception then I should be too. I will have it checked when I am in next for service. It's driving me bonkers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Navywife - where are you located? I'm on the east coast of Canada and cancelled my XM subscription because of the terrible reception. I'm not far from the Maine border so I would think this is not just a Canadian issue. When I called in to cancel, the XM customer service rep stated they had been getting a lot of calls about reception and was aware of the issues. She, however, could do nothing to resolve so I cancelled.

I have Sirius in my truck and have no issues whatsoever. I wish the JX receiver was compatible with Sirius. I'd switch it over in an instant.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Just curious, do you have an antenna on your car? Sometimes they forget to screw them into the base on the back of the car. I know this seems like a silly question, but if it isn't there, then it could explain the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sinecure...Definitely have an antennae. Connection may be faulty. Will have it checked. I replied to the Sirius request for contact and have not heard anything more from them...jus sayin. I did ask Infiniti to check the radio when I had an oil change because it was also randomly changing stations and generally acting possessed in addition to cutting out all the time. They did some factory resets on the radio and that did solve the channel changing issue but not the terrible reception. My radio cuts out for sometime 15-20 seconds at a time in some areas. Areas where the radio in my odyssey did not cut out. Still driving me bonkers. Thanks for help all.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I'm not a tech, but it sounds to me like you may need a new radio unit. The good news is it is all covered under warranty. FWIW, I haven't had any clients complain about poor reception or excessive cut-outs. Except one early unit where we forgot to screw in the antenna.

Does your GPS work properly? I believe the GPS antenna is in the same base unit as the XM and FM/AM antennas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Navywife - where are you located? I'm on the east coast of Canada and cancelled my XM subscription because of the terrible reception. I'm not far from the Maine border so I would think this is not just a Canadian issue. When I called in to cancel, the XM customer service rep stated they had been getting a lot of calls about reception and was aware of the issues. She, however, could do nothing to resolve so I cancelled.

I have Sirius in my truck and have no issues whatsoever. I wish the JX receiver was compatible with Sirius. I'd switch it over in an instant.
I live outside Tacoma Washington. But someone posted on here who lives very close to me who has no issues. I am beginning to suspect the issue is the radio or antenna or the connection. Thanks for the advice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts