Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this really worth it -- $3,100 for just having the car keep me in my lane? We have put a deposit on a JX and they have a white with java in stock but it includes the tech pkg which we would not get if we ordered. The only problem is we would have to wait until June to get one if I don't end up buying this one. So for those of you that have the tech package -- is it worth it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've read reviews of the FX with the tech package, and from what I've seen, it was more of a nanny nuisance than anything. But, that was the FX, not sure how similar the technology is....

·
Registered
275 Posts
Is this really worth it -- $3,100 for just having the car keep me in my lane? We have put a deposit on a JX and they have a white with java in stock but it includes the tech pkg which we would not get if we ordered. The only problem is we would have to wait until June to get one if I don't end up buying this one. So for those of you that have the tech package -- is it worth it?
The tech package also includes the driver assistance package. So it's only a 1400 upgrade from there :)
We won't get ours till next week, so I don't know yet. While I was doing the test drive, I found the LDP annoying. The steering would keep pulling back whenever I strayed close to the lines. I don't think I got enough time to evaluate thoroughly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the tech pkg on my 09 FX and was happy with it. The JX has taken it to another level of improvement. The technology is different from the 09 FX specifically with respect to the Driver Assist pkg. in the 09 FX the system was based on a laser device that was precise but only when the car is directly in front. In the JX this has been modified to a radar based device that is under the front bumper. This gives the JX far more clarity on the traffic around and even reacts to a car that cuts into your lane. This is really more able the DCA / Brake Assist and full range cruise control. I have tested these on my JX and it work far better than the FX. Also if dirt or snow gets on the laser device the system cannot operate on the FX but the Radar based device in JX will still do the job. I have not had the chance to test the LDP as yet. It is really more useful on those long trips where you can turn on the full range cruise and LDP and really let the car do its thing for the no so curvy highways. Considering that the upgrade is really 1,400 I would highly reccommend it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If you don't need the safety features then don't get it. It's added cost but it will likely help with resale value. Any way to disable these features if you don't want them?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have it on my jx...it's "cool", but not too useful. First of all, you have to press a button on the wheel every time you start the car to enable the features. It also intervenes frequently when you drive near the lines on the road.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I personally don't think the lane departure prevenstion or warning is that useful and didnot order teh tech package. But I did order the driver assistance package.

What happens if youy want to merge and forget to turn the signal?

·
Registered
275 Posts
What happens if youy want to merge and forget to turn the signal?
You will feel a slight tug on the steering wheel and the system beeps to warn you. Its not a big deal while changing lanes.
It can be annoying when you are cruising along and you stray a little closer to the lines.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Does anyone know if you can change the sensitivity of the fcw? Seems to kick in very early and frequently...maybe I'm just a bad driver:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes you can change the FCW, and it is a pretty "cool" feature, but you have to reset your preferred distance every time. I'd enjoy it on the highway, but around town you definitely don't want it on... Which is probably why you have to choose to activate all of the Driver Assist functions EVERY TIME you start up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts