Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone own a Lexus GX before switching to Infiniti JX?
I used to own GX470 for 4 years and now in the process of selecting a new car. So I am wondering what people who owned GX felt after the switch to JX?
To be more specific I have several parameters to find out in which car they are better:
1. Noise level
2. Softness of the ride (to my taste GX is quite a bumpy ride on a daily basis)
3. Softness/comfort of seats (front and rear)
4. Cargo hatch size (suspecting that opening is smaller in JX, does it really matter?)
5. View from driver's seat (front and rear, height - is it much lower in JX?)
6. Acceleration (not 0-60 but how smooth can it be and how quick of the response after stepping on gas when passing other cars. Is JX acceleration closer to MB GL or Lexus GX?)
7. Driving on flooded streets (did anyone drive JX into 10 - 12in water? Can it do so?)

I will really appreciate if someone shares the experience!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got a 2011 GX and the wife has the JX. To answer your questions:
1. GX is quieter.
2. I'd say ride quality is about the same, though the JX is newer and may need to break in a bit.
3. JX seats are nice, I find the GX to be more comfortable, but again the JX may need to break in.
4. Similar size openings.
5. GX is taller, higher ride height.
6. Acceleration. I really like the CVT. The numbers on the JX are not representative of the seat of pants feel. Feels faster than 265hp would make you think.
7. Don't know...

As for the sound system comparison between the JX Bose and the GX Mark Levinson there is NO comparison; the ML is among the best automotive sound systems out there. Bose mistakes bass for sound quality (lot's of bass.) The Bose is muddy compared to the ML.

The overall technology offerings in the JX are very impressive. But on the other hand there are parts of the fit and finish that just feel cheap (all the steering wheel controls come to mind.)

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you closenouth! I haven't tried JX yet, but for some reason felt the answers would be what you have described.
I am a bit surprised (pleasantly) about the size of rear hatch, as I expected GX's would be bigger, but again in GX460 the floor is raised in comparison to GX470, so overall effect can be the same as JX.

Now as your sober comparison clears things out for me, I can only decide based on actual test drive. :)
Thank you a lot for sharing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts