Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was actually surprised when I received my cross bars... installed them myself.. only 8 screws... figured I could handle it.. =)..

Anyway, the surprise was that the hex screws that hold the bar to the mounting angles was very loose, and in trying to tighten them, they were tight all the way. I was thinking tight is always good as you will have 150 lbs up there and will not want any play doing 80 down the interstate. So I went to the hardware store and got 8 s/s lock washers and put those on. Now everything is nice and snug.

I was curious if anyone else noticed this? also, post a pic of your mounted roof rack so I can figure out which one that we want.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
42 Posts
I installed the factory cross bars with the factory hardware and used a torque wrench to set them at the factory spec and they were nice and tight with no play at all. The only issue I had was that one of the factory bolts head broke clean off at only about 10 inch pounds. I am not very comfortable that the bolt broke with almost no effort. The worst part was that the dealer could not find any numbers to order the bolt so he had to open a new set of roof rails to give me one bolt and was just going to warranty the entire set so don't loose the bolts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts