Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run into this issue with the front sunroof?
It was raining hard today, and I put my hand in the rear side of the sunroof to make sure that I didn't have it tilted. I felt water so I assumed that I must've accidentally left it tilted but, to my surprised, it was fully closed. :mad:

·
Registered
196 Posts
No rain here in California at all, not until Oct/Nov. We did put the JX through a car wash twice now without any evidence of water leak at the sunroof (or anywhere else).

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's a crimped gasket. Open it fully & close once more. It happened to me on my other Infiniti during a car wash. Should be OK after you open it fully, inspect & straighten out the rubber weather-strip gasket, and close again. If you're unsuccessful, you're dealer should be able to fix it (or replace the gasket).

·
Registered
321 Posts
GL and keep us posted!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a crimped gasket. Open it fully & close once more. It happened to me on my other Infiniti during a car wash. Should be OK after you open it fully, inspect & straighten out the rubber weather-strip gasket, and close again. If you're unsuccessful, you're dealer should be able to fix it (or replace the gasket).
Interesting. I guess I'll know what you're referring to when I take a look. I try this and test it out with a water hose.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Any updates? I've had a crimped seal on my Acura before. Just opened it and closed it and it was fixed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you guys referring to the rubber material on the sunroof glass itself? I don't think it did anything but will test it out again tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yea sometimes the rubber seal gets tucked underneath the sunroof instead of staying on top and that messes up the seal. Water just drips in slowly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone run into this issue with the front sunroof?
It was raining hard today, and I put my hand in the rear side of the sunroof to make sure that I didn't have it tilted. I felt water so I assumed that I must've accidentally left it tilted but, to my surprised, it was fully closed. :mad:
I just noticed the same issue on my JX ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have JX and am currently having issues with it. I have taken it to several carwashes and am literally getting wet inside the car during the wash. I have taken to the dealer and they have replaced the seal which seemed to help for about one carwash and now it is leaking again. I love my JX, but am dissapointed with the sunroof issue.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
We live in Washington and get a fair amount of rain and have never had any issues with water leaking from the sun roofs. I would take it back like Sincure stated and have the dealership fix it again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So i noticed this issue today only in a car wash. i was at Petro Canada Touchless and they use these " jet speed washer mechanism etc etc ". Saw a bit of water spray inside the vehicle. Now we had flooding rain past few days and i was at the road with the wipers going crazy but no leak in that case.

I am taking to dealer any ways on Monday

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah have the same issue when I go through the carwash. Shouldn't happen on a $55k car. Have the same issue as many others with the rubber trim on the rear bumper protector every time I go through the wash as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So took to dealership and had a long chat with the Mechanic. They did pressure washer on top of sunroof and verified no drops but some moist coming in. They also did the drain test and verified the drain plugs are correctly working and the water is draining fine. .. Moving on ..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts