Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my car for a few days now and i cant figure out the auto headlamp/fog lamp situation. when i have the headlights on AUTO and the fog lamps on auto both headlamp and fog lamp turn on even during the day. if i have the fog lamp off and headlamp on auto the fog would only come on when i turn it on. i've looked through the manual which doesn't really give me much info. am i stupid? or is it not possible to have the headlamp/fog lamp both on AUTO mode?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
The way it works right now, if you turn on the fog lamps, the headlights will be on. Regardless of what you set with the Auto function. I'm sure if you contacted Infiniti they'd tell you this is a feature, not a bug. The expectation being, that if you need the fogs on, then the low beams should be on as well. Anyway, what you're experiencing is exactly how all JX's work - I tested it on 3 vehicles the other day just to make sure.

There are no stupid questions. Although I bet if you ask enough salespeople (me included), you'll get some stupid answers.

·
Registered
248 Posts
They are foo-foo fog lights. The whole point of a fog light is to have a very low beam, way below the driver's line of sight to eliminate dazzle. Headlights have to be off to have the concept work properly. If you have to have your headlights on too, you get dazzle no matter what. You might as well not have the fogs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts