Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to make sure I am not missing something....
But for xm radio, the only way to scroll through each station is to reach over to the passenger side of the console and use the tuner knob???? It appears the steering wheel controls can only scroll through presets, or if you hold for 1.5 sec, it will jump to different categories.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dumb... Maybe they can come up with a software update to make this functional??? I was able to get into a menu & scroll through turning individual channels to turn them on/off. Which is useless to have access to while driving. if I were able to actually select one of the channels in this view, it would be better.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just want to make sure I am not missing something....
But for xm radio, the only way to scroll through each station is to reach over to the passenger side of the console and use the tuner knob???? It appears the steering wheel controls can only scroll through presets, or if you hold for 1.5 sec, it will jump to different categories.
Does anyone think this would be possible to correct via a software upgrade?? Or is this just something we will have to get used to?

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is why some of the other car manufacturers are getting away from buttons and knobs and doing everything in software on a display, so WHEN THEY SCREW UP LIKE INFINITI DID HERE, they can easily fix it with a software update.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah this is an F-up along with the location of the steering wheel heater button location and the homelink buttons on the mirror and that aren't lit up. If they allowed more than 6 presets that would be nice. Though maybe they could have put the tuner knob somewhat closer to the driver if they didn't want to have the driver change up/down channels.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Huh! Now that you mention it, I remember renting a 2013 Altima that had the music and nav screens on the driver info center. We just picked up our Mallfinder Platinum, that was built 3 weeks ago, and it doesn't have those screens. I think the manual talks about them :) Oh well, I like to look at the tire pressure, LOL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Presets

Yeah this is an F-up along with the location of the steering wheel heater button location and the homelink buttons on the mirror and that aren't lit up. If they allowed more than 6 presets that would be nice. Though maybe they could have put the tuner knob somewhat closer to the driver if they didn't want to have the driver change up/down channels.
FYI- 18 presets

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even programming the 18 presets.. it still isn't the same...... This will just be one of the conveniences we will miss from the Mercedes. (Mercedes has a tuner knob in between the seats). On long drives it was really convenient, because the driver or passenger could easilly and casually scroll though stations. Also in our other vehicle, you can scroll through individual stations via the steering wheel. .....
Maybe I can call Infiniti Connection and have them change the stations for me :) so far.. we haven't had any other use for that..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts