Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read many people have had cut marks on the top center of the steering wheel. I'm set to pick up a JX on Monday. I saw it on the lot and it had visible cut marks. For those who have had this issue, how was it rectified? I don't want to have to see this every time I get in the car and don't want it fixed improperly. Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I've read many people have had cut marks on the top center of the steering wheel. I'm set to pick up a JX on Monday. I saw it on the lot and it had visible cut marks. For those who have had this issue, how was it rectified? I don't want to have to see this every time I get in the car and don't want it fixed improperly. Thanks for any input.
I think that sounds more like an issue of the dealership you buy from and who does the detailing,since I think the wheel is wrapped when it arrives at dealership? You're description of the cuts and where they are, sounds like someone cutting off the plastic. Not sure, but just a thought.Ours had no cuts in it but I sure wouldn't have accepted it if it had.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine has the plastic cuts on the center part of the steering wheel
I didnt complain as the couple cuts are small but deep
They are so deep that they are not jusr scratch marks but actual cuts
I thought they're done by the careless dealership staff but now knowing some other people have them too, that make me think now that it might be a factory imperfection. Anyway this is probably something u could complain and see what the dealer would do
Good luck

·
Registered
524 Posts
These cuts are strange, and thanks for pointing them out. A number of other people posted similar comments on other threads. Hopefully someone will post a dealer response.

I'll be sure to keep my eye open if my JX ever shows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than the cut mark, the vehicle seemed like it was in pretty good condition. The dealer didn't want to change the wheel because it would require labor on two vehicles, alignments, and possibly more damage. I took delivery because the dealer promised to fix it if it became any worse. That was good enough for me as it is not a big mark and the vehicle looked great otherwise.

Now it's time to figure out the rattle a bunch of other people seem to have. It seems that is my only complaint so for after a few days. However, I haven't really driven the car much as it is my wife's.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It doesn't take that long to remove a steering wheel. Lies!

Any photos of the cuts?
I agree, they should have compensated you rather than a promise. I was promised a JX in mid may, then a stream of lies followed. Then the sales man started backing out of the negotiated promises. Lies lies and more lies.

·
Registered
275 Posts
There was a scratch across the cruise button on the steering on my car. They dealer changed it when I went in for my first service. The part cost for the switch was $130 :rolleyes:
There was a minor scratch across the top of the front dash (only seen at some angles). I showed it to the dealer and told them to be careful the next time around. Didn't make a fuss about it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I hope they at least notice these things and take note of them for next year models or new productions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts