Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted i used the search.

When i was looking at this vehicle and when we were going through the "delivery" my sales guy said both times the following:

Sport mode will stiffen the suspension and could be used to help with a heavy load in the back, help keep from bottoming out on a bad road etc.

Reading the owners manual i dont see where these modes do anything with the suspension but only the engine performance. :confused:

Am i missing something?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
mudhog79, Yeah, the mode settings on the JX35 only controls engine and transmission response depending on the mode. Nothing to do with an adjustable suspension. Your salesman misinformed you. If you have the eco pedal, it pushes back to keep you from mashing the gas especially at a full stop. Keep it on sport, a little more responsive.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Sorry if this has been posted i used the search.

When i was looking at this vehicle and when we were going through the "delivery" my sales guy said both times the following:

Sport mode will stiffen the suspension and could be used to help with a heavy load in the back, help keep from bottoming out on a bad road etc.

Reading the owners manual i dont see where these modes do anything with the suspension but only the engine performance. :confused:

Am i missing something?

Thanks
Sounds like that salesman needs a walk in the garden from his boss. Angrynerd described it correctly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for clearing that up. The same salesman also told me it was "Illegal" to put more than $2,500 on a credit card for the down payment. :mad:

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. The same salesman also told me it was "Illegal" to put more than $2,500 on a credit card for the down payment. :mad:
If you have a large limit on a card, you technically could by the car on it. That guy needs to be fired.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dealers here in CA will allow $5K deposit with a credit card. Remember that the merchant has to pay about a 2% fee to process a credit card transaction. So a credit card bits into their profit.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah, if a dealer lets you pay for 100% of the vehicle on a card, you are clearly not getting the best deal because of the credit card costs to the dealer!!!! LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah,

We were trying to put a large sum on the card to get the points. After he told us we could do $2500 when i get to finance they let me do $5000.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I'd go back and demand he install the upgraded suspension that has those capabilities.

As indicated above, he was wrong. Sport mimics a 6 speed transmission. Standard is normal CVT. Eco gives you some force-feedback in the gas pedal. Snow retards throttle response at low speeds (has nothing to do with AWD functions).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts