Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed the gasket that surrounds the bumper guard failing. When I brought the car in for service and the seat belt recall, the dealership replaced the entire piece ($200 part) on warranty. They have replaced several already this year. If you have this accessory, I'd check to see if the gasket is in tact. If not, bring it in. The stainless steel plate is thin and runs on the top of the bumper just below the back hatch.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Gasket fell off mine too, it's sitting in my trunk. I didn't realize it's covered under warranty.

I just got a recall notice, so I'll have them replace the gadget as well. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah I had heard a few folks say that they were accessories and only covered for a year...or something to that effect. I threw mine in the trunk compartment as well.

I'll ask about it next time I'm in for service and see what they say. I need them to also fix my hatch rust too.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a door seal popping off on the front side of the rear door. Caused mostly by trying to squeeze out of the car when the damn Ferry Loading crews push me tight against the side of the Ferry. My local dealership has agreed to replace the seal under warranty. Also we noticed pitting of the chrome trim on both sides of the car. They too will be covered under warranty per the Service Department.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts