Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

I purchased the stainless steel bumper protector and the black rubber edging around the bumper potector is falling off. Is anyone else having this issue? My local dealer has already replaced the bumper protector once, however the new one is developing the same problem. The issue seems to be that the rubber edging is drying out, breaking and then falling off the stainless steel bumper protector. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
This is the first time we've heard ofthis issue sine the forum was started. Sounds like the dealership needs to fix it again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is separating from the steel. I assumed it was from the the car wash brushes. Still shouldn't be happening tho. Only had JX for 6 months. It appears the adhesive is failing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I keep having to fix the rubber around the steel. I may just rip it off as it's getting old real fast. Any time I wash the car or if a kid goes out the back door and rubs against it, the whole thing basically falls off. The other thing that I think I'm going to have a problem with later on is with the metal illuminated door steps. Reason I say that is that if I push down on them after a car wash or heavy rain I hear a sticky tape kind of sound like they are just held on by double sided tape, that can't be good.

Somewhat BS considering it's a $55k vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the same issue, my local dealer also had to replace it. I asked him if this was normal and he stated it wasn't and not to worry since I am still under warranty. Thing is what happens when we are out of warranty and this keeps happening?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got the same problem with this rubber edging. I purchase mine as added accessory, it appear there's no warranty (althought its only 10months) because when I bring and show to my dealer, they want me to pay the same amount when I pay for that plus the labor if they installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the same problem with this rubber edging. I purchase mine as added accessory, it appear there's no warranty (althought its only 10months) because when I bring and show to my dealer, they want me to pay the same amount when I pay for that plus the labor if they installed.
This is covered by warranty. I had the same problem with mine, all Infiniti accessories are covered by a 1 year, 12K mile warranty. If the dealer will not do it for free like they should call Infiniti consumer affairs they will fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem and just took it off. Thought it might be sharp and cut my hand when washing or drying, but so far so good. They should glue them on before they stick the stainless piece to the back of the vehicle. Looks better with it off anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts