Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my dealer and got the splash guards installed after a 1 month delay for factory backorder. It took them less than 1 hour total and that included the car wash. They look nice and should keep road debris and brake dust from messing up the body just behind each tire as I had noticed before. My total cost was the dealer invoice price without any labor. That, along with free all weather mats was the general manager's way of making it up to me for my messed up sales experience.

I guess the usual cost would be the MSRP and 1 hour of labor.

Front splash guard:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Rear slash guard:
Wheel Tire Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
248 Posts
Was "mud flaps" politically incorrect or something? :) They will always be mud flaps to me.

Our car on order is white. I was going to put black flaps on it, like the black flaps on our white XC70, Outback, and other white cars we've had in the past. But we ordered in July, when price was increased and the order software forced mud flaps and lighted sills, so they will be white on this car. Way too much hassle to remove the paint down to the plastic.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Do they come with the rivets? I'm going to buy the mud guards and install it myself wondering it it comes with all of the hardware

·
Registered
275 Posts
Was "mud flaps" politically incorrect or something? :) They will always be mud flaps to me.
Considering that the average JX has a much higher chance of seeing a few splashes and very less of mud, it only seems to appropriate to call these splash guards instead of mud flaps. A true off roader would need mud flaps :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Just picked up my splash guards , and downloaded the install instructions.. www.Infiniti-techinfo.com , looks pretty straight forward, any tips, or anything I should be aware of? or just follow instructions???
Installed mine this AM, super easy. There is a gap on the front ones, between the splash guard and the innner wheel well, kind of weird, but they'll still do their job.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.