Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why splash guards cannot be mounted with 20 Inch wheels? I asked my salesman but he could not come up with a reason. Thanks for chiming in.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Weird...it comes with the whole deal for our order and I have seen it in person. Typical salesman no-product knowledge???

Does anyone know why splash guards cannot be mounted with 20 Inch wheels? I asked my salesman but he could not come up with a reason. Thanks for chiming in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have 20 inch wheels on my JX and I had the splash guards installed with no problems. The salesman doesn't know what he is talking about!!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Our dealership had them on in abou 45 minutes without a problem. Sounds like the salesman needs to do some homework.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I want your salesman. Just today I started a thread, before seeing this one, complaining about how you can't get a JX up in WA state without those grotesque (your diminished mileage may vary) things. However, it looks like your salesman (fortunately for you, unfortunately for me) is likely wrong - you can get the splash guards with the 20-inch wheels, and it some places, it looks like you have to, whether you want them or not, whether you special order or not.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
If you need a better salesperson, and you're in Northern California, PM me. Whoever told you that was mistaken. We have a black Deluxe Touring (i.e. 20" wheels) with splashguards on our lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you need a better salesperson, and you're in Northern California, PM me. Whoever told you that was mistaken. We have a black Deluxe Touring (i.e. 20" wheels) with splashguards on our lot.
That was exactly my point. Every JX35 on the lot that has the 18 inch wheel has the splash guard. It seems as though the more expensive JXs here in Canada were stripped off this feature. It does seem absurd.

Thanks again everyone for chiming in.:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
It seems that the salesman knew exactly what he was doing........he was moving a car he had in stock and just wante d to close the deal

·
Registered
27 Posts
Early JXs in Canada were delivered without the splash guards. They are supposed to be standard equipment from the factory. Bought mine in late June and got a letter from Infiniti Canada a few weeks after stating it was delivered without splash guards in error and to bring it to a dealer to have them installed at no cost. This is after I had ordered and installed a set from Sewell Infiniti! Ugh!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It seems that the salesman knew exactly what he was doing........he was moving a car he had in stock and just wante d to close the deal
Likely the case. Though I dont see how installing a splash guard would be a big deal. Takes like 5 minutes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the best salesman lack of knowledge ever. When I first did my test drive, I asked where the cameras were located for the around-view monitor.

I was told it was a satellite image of the car...

Thay walk among us...

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I've told one or two customers that it was a satellite. One actually believed me for a little while. I eventually told them I was joking.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
You have to admit that the images are pretty awesome, making it very easy to park. I like the feature that actually shows the wheels turning in real time. Nice features!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i was hesistant to do it, but i was told it was very easy. So...I installed all four splashguards in under an hour. I am very happy with them since they have protected the sides and rear bumper from roadway paint an wet concrete from runoff at construction sites since the install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Gents,

I just replied to another thread regarding the same topic. The OE 20" wheel and tire package will clear without any issues. When you get to 22" you will need to modify the inside of the front flaps for turn radius clearance. Not a daunting task at all. It just takes a bit of patient, a steady hand and a really sharp blade. And it can be done with the wheels on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts