Infiniti JX Forums banner

Speedometer and rest of dash cluster crapped out today. (7days after purchase)

23K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Staurazer 
Seven Days ago today we picked up our JX35.
This morning all the lights on the dash were off; no Speedometer; no rpm gauge; no turn signals; all driver assistance features were inoperative; and all steering wheel controls (Volume,cruise,etc) were inoperative. I called Infiniti of Manhasset and was advised that they can not get the car in till thursday (since i requested a loaner).
So....took out the trusty owners manual and pulled all the fuses concerned from the cabin fusebox (none of which say "gauge or cluster"). All the fuses checked out, and i put them all back in their places. Now, everything in working again, but the "check engine" lamp is staying on.
Anyone have info of this issue? Will it happen again? was it a recall issue that wasn't addressed?
Thank you for any info.....
Keep us posted. This is the first time we've seen this issue on the forum. Like Jx'ing said, check for critters. We had a rat eat through our Xtera's ignition wiring years ago. It was not a happy time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.