Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seven Days ago today we picked up our JX35.
This morning all the lights on the dash were off; no Speedometer; no rpm gauge; no turn signals; all driver assistance features were inoperative; and all steering wheel controls (Volume,cruise,etc) were inoperative. I called Infiniti of Manhasset and was advised that they can not get the car in till thursday (since i requested a loaner).
So....took out the trusty owners manual and pulled all the fuses concerned from the cabin fusebox (none of which say "gauge or cluster"). All the fuses checked out, and i put them all back in their places. Now, everything in working again, but the "check engine" lamp is staying on.
Anyone have info of this issue? Will it happen again? was it a recall issue that wasn't addressed?
Thank you for any info.....

·
Registered
146 Posts
might sound crazy but in this type of weather it could possibly be a rodent that got into your engine compartment. once they get in they start chewing through wire harnesses and other electrical wires. I've seen cars where an animal make a small nest inside the engine bay. hope its nothing serious. good luck!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Seven Days ago today we picked up our JX35.
This morning all the lights on the dash were off; no Speedometer; no rpm gauge; no turn signals; all driver assistance features were inoperative; and all steering wheel controls (Volume,cruise,etc) were inoperative. I called Infiniti of Manhasset and was advised that they can not get the car in till thursday (since i requested a loaner).
So....took out the trusty owners manual and pulled all the fuses concerned from the cabin fusebox (none of which say "gauge or cluster"). All the fuses checked out, and i put them all back in their places. Now, everything in working again, but the "check engine" lamp is staying on.
Anyone have info of this issue? Will it happen again? was it a recall issue that wasn't addressed?
Thank you for any info.....
Keep us posted. This is the first time we've seen this issue on the forum. Like Jx'ing said, check for critters. We had a rat eat through our Xtera's ignition wiring years ago. It was not a happy time!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Any chance you've been driving over really rough roads lately? It is unlikely, but I suppose possible, that the main shipping fuse was not pushed completely in by the dealer and therefore "slipped" out. That shouldn't cause the whole gauge cluster to die, but may be possible.

This is all just conjecture. I've never seen what you describe. If you're really anxious about this, you could call your sales rep, explain what's happened and see if there's any way to get you a loaner car sooner than Thursday. If it were me, I'd have you in a loaner tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the concern guys. My car is garaged, no evidence of vermin in the area. The car is running fine, however the check engine light is still on. It seems as if the entire gauge cluster went dead, and when i pulled the fuse for it, the cluster possibly reset.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, got the car back and was told that I pretty much did al the work already. It appears that the shipping fuse was not checked and it shut down certain circuts. Buy removing and reinstalling the shipping fuse and other fuses for the cluster, it reset the dash and OBD. When i dropped the car off the "check engine " light also went away. The dealer apologized for the inconvienience, and the car was ready to go after two hours. The two hours was for reprogramming and just waiting to get the car in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just left the dealership, it took them 10 min to fix this problem. All they did just unpluged the battery fo 5 min. I was in and out in 10 min and didn't have an appointmentm

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the same problem Not sure how to fix this, but it's saturday so I cant get it to a dealer until Monday, IF they will take me that fast. Anybody able to explain to me how to reset the fuse box?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keep us posted. This is the first time we've seen this issue on the forum. Like Jx'ing said, check for critters. We had a rat eat through our Xtera's ignition wiring years ago. It was not a happy time!
My wife’s JX35 just did the same thing yesterday. I’d love to know which fuses you pulled and replaced blueraj

1 - 11 of 11 Posts