Infiniti JX Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 7 yesterday and now the bluetooth speakerphone in my JX is not working properly. I can hear the callers but no one can hear me. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix this? I tried deleting the phone an then re-pairing but this made no difference.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Bluetooth streaming no longer works, my speakerphone functions no longer works, Bluetooth constantly turns itself off, haven't been able to find a fix. Sigh.....guess I will have to wait for an update.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I updated mine to iOS 7 and my phone works just fine.

I noticed that the Bluetooth feature on the phone was OFF after I updated to iOS 7 and I had to manually switch it back on. Have you checked that?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yea, I checked that, I've re-paired the phone also. Seems to be a fairly common problem with ios 7.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS7, turned on the bluetooth feature on the phone and have had no issues with the incoming or outgoing volume!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've re-paired and rebooted the phone multiple times, finally got it working, not as responsive as before when it comes to the steering wheel controls and the Bluetooth is still randomly dropping off on the iphone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it fixed. It took the dealer a day and a half to figure it out. They had to contact their tech support. It ended up being a loose connector.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does anyone know what version of BT that the JX uses? I use a Pebble watch connected to my iPhone via BT and with it connected, the BT in my JX is unusable, people can hear me but I can't hear them, it's starts off fine at the start of the call but quickly the incoming audio goes out and I can no longer hear anyone, plus the other problem I now have, they did some type of hardware update and added a second microphone in the car to supposedly improve audio quality but it's actually gotten much worse, everyone I try to talk to say that it sounds like my windows are down when they aren't .

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Have you tried contacting Infiniti Consumer Affairs to see if they have similar reports of this problem or know if there is a new patch that your dealership can update? Even if they don't the problem will be documented so that it gets on the fixit cue.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes I contacted Consumer Affairs, the first thing the initial person said to me was Sir, would you please roll up your windows, there is too much noise for me to understand you, and I replied that this is one of my problems, my windows are up.

As I stated in another thread, with both my iPhone 4S and now 5S, when I am trying to speak to someone over BT, the conversation starts normally but within 30 seconds, I can no longer hear anyone, but they can still hear me, I may have found a solution to that issue, it seems that when I have my Pebble watch paired with my iPhone the problem is there, but it seems to be stable when it's disconnected and MY-CAR, is the only BT device that is paired. The sound issue is still there also,

That's why I was checking to see if Infiniti has implemented the latest version of BT, which can handle multiple devices.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Please keep us posted on your results. I recently switched cell phones and lucked out by not having issues. I'm surprised how many cell phones aren't compatible with the system Nissan opted to install in their vehicles. I'm hoping their subcontractor company works on improving their system.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I too had the issue where people could hear me but I couldn't hear them with both my iPhone 4S and now 5S using iOS 7, one thing that I found is that I was also pairing my iPhone to my Pebble watch, when I disconnected it from BT, I was able to talk, but the bigger problem I am having now is that my sound quality was terrible, so they performed the service update and added a second microphone which has now made it worse, people tell me to roll up my windows because there is this severe wind noise, I don't know where they placed this second mike but it must be in a terrible location picking up all the noise .

And all my windows are up and the moonroof is closed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts