Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read about the SOS button in the owners manual, does that expire after the 3 month XM trial or does the JX have the function standard with one of the packages? I'm picking up my JX next week so I'm flipping through the manual when i have down time.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It is standard for all JX and part of Infiniti Connection. The free subscription expire after one year, it will cost more than $300 a year thereafter.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
It is standard for all JX and part of Infiniti Connection. The free subscription expire after one year, it will cost more than $300 a year thereafter.
That's not exactly correct. There are two options for Infiniti Connection after your first year is up (first year free with your new JX).

Q: What services are included in the
Infiniti Connection service package?

A: The Infiniti Connection service package contains the following services:
Automatic Crash Notification, Emergency Call, Enhanced Roadside Assistance,
Report Stolen Vehicle, Remote Door Lock, Remote Door Unlock, Alarm
Notification, Maintenance Alert, and My Schedule.

Q: What services are included in the
Infiniti Connection Plus service
package?

A: The Infiniti Connection Plus service package contains the following services:
Destination Assistance, Destination Send-to-Vehicle, Drive Zone, Max Speed
Alert, In Vehicle Connection to Infiniti Personal Assistant, and Valet Alert.

Q: Is there a trial offer of Infiniti
Connection?

A: Yes, a 1-year trial offer of Infiniti Connection and Infiniti Connection Plus is offered
to clients who purchase a new MY13 telematics-equipped Infiniti vehicle. The trial
period starts on the vehicle purchase date.

Q: Is a credit card required for the trial
offer of Infiniti Connection?

A: No, the trial subscription for both service packages is free.

Q: How much does it cost after that?

A: The initial trial offer is at no cost to new vehicle owners. The cost and annual
renewal rate of the Infiniti Connection service package is $179.00USD /
$229.00CAD, per year. The cost and annual renewal rate of the Infiniti Connection
Plus service package is $129.00USD / $159.00CAD, per year. There are no
charges for airtime.
So try out those added features in the plus service. See if they're worth it to you. I'm guessing that many people will continue the basic Infiniti Connection service, but pass on the "Plus" package.

It is a bit confusing since there are a bunch of subscription type things that come with your JX and they all have different expiration dates. XM radio/traffic/weather lasts for 3 months for free. Infiniti Connection is good for one year. And Infiniti Personal Assistant (which is an awesome concierge service that you really owe it to yourself to try out) is good for four years.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, I won't be renewing it.
I'd take it if they were $10 / year ;) (based on the value they add to my life). I'm sure other people value it more than me.
It might have been worth this money if there was a good smartphone (iphone) app and other chrome / firefox extensions for send to car.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
It might have been worth this money if there was a good smartphone (iphone) app and other chrome / firefox extensions for send to car.
Stay tuned. Supposed to be out soon. They're working on it from what I hear.

Oh, and to answer the OP's original question from the title of this thread, yes, the SOS button is standard on all JX's.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I won't be renewing it.
I'd take it if they were $10 / year ;) (based on the value they add to my life). I'm sure other people value it more than me.
When I picked up the car the sales person activated the SOS and tested it out with us... We were on hold for 5 mins listening to hold music. Apparently when they put you on hold you can disconnect from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts