Infiniti JX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I wish to make a decision whether to add some factory installed accessories to JX, but not quite sure whether they are really useful.

- Splash Guards : in my BMW 5 and previous Nissan Murano, I did have. But does this really useful?

- Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector : the JXs in dealer always have this, does this useful?

- Stainless Steel Illuminated Kick Plates : many JXs in dealer have this, useful?

Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
The only one that I felt was useful was the splash guards. The other two are more of a aesthetic device. I didn't like the look of the bumper protector anyway, thats just me.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The only one that I felt was useful was the splash guards. The other two are more of a aesthetic device. I didn't like the look of the bumper protector anyway, thats just me.
I was thinking the opposite. Splash guards are too small to reduce the splash against the car. Personally I think they look good so I ordered them with the JX.

The other two can be potentially useful if you drag your luggage across the bumper and need additional lighting. These two items seem more like personal preference.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The illuminated kick plate is pure aesthetic. There are already stainless steel kick plates, just not illuminated. The splash guards will be useful if you have a lot of snow. Otherwise, they will make the JX look good. The bumper of the JX is really narrow, additional protection is not needed. It makes the car look strange.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I initially thought I wanted the stainless steel bumper protector but the bumper is really narrow and I don't think its needed either.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had my JX for almost a week without splash guards and had tire gel slung on the side of the vehicle. After the guards were installed, it was A LOT less noticeable. +1 for the bumper being narrow and the additional protection not being needed.

Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had my JX for almost a week without splash guards and had tire gel slung on the side of the vehicle. After the guards were installed, it was A LOT less noticeable. +1 for the bumper being narrow and the additional protection not being needed.

Good luck!

One thing i stopped using was tire shine! it just gets wayyy to messy and all over the side of your car which is a huge pain!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Just use the liquid type tire shine. The gel type will almost always flick off and onto the car. Even though the splash guards are small they do serve some function.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was thinking the opposite. Splash guards are too small to reduce the splash against the car. Personally I think they look good so I ordered them with the JX.

The other two can be potentially useful if you drag your luggage across the bumper and need additional lighting. These two items seem more like personal preference.
I agree with Yeller. Although the rear bumper is rather small, the bumper protector will prevent paint chips if you drag luggage or other items across your bumper. I have multiple chips on my current SUV for this very reason. The rear bumper protector is only $200, which I figure is less expensive than having to repaint/repair your bumper.

I also agree that the splash guards are too small to be useful. You might want to check out how sturdy or thick the plastic is. The front wheel splash guards on my current Toyota SUV ended up somehow getting torn because they were made out of cheap plastic.

The illuminated kick plates are purely for aesthetics only, as wheeling previously noted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts